Frozen solid!

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Morning! My car ZSEV LR Trophy is driving me mad! The radio stopped playing after 2 mins again this morning so I switched to my music through car play. That didn’t work and then Waze froze too. The home button wouldn’t work, screen just stuck and even by turning the whole car off and on again it remained frozen!

Like your computer, laptop and even your phone, sometimes it needs the alt-ctrl-delete / power off-on to get it out of a rut.

Morning! My car ZSEV LR Trophy is driving me mad! The radio stopped playing after 2 mins again this morning so I switched to my music through car play. That didn’t work and then Waze froze too. The home button wouldn’t work, screen just stuck and even by turning the whole car off and on again it remained frozen!
press and hold the home button down for several seconds the display computer will reset. Had similar issue where I could not re-tune the radio just switch between Bluetooth or Radio2 (the last station we had on before it stuck) the mute button also stops working. A home button reset does the trick for us.
Yes its very annoying especially if you are on your own as you simply have to leave it until you stop. its tempting to fiddle whilst driving but that way lies potential disaster.

Last edited:
Even the press and hold technique wasn’t working. Have called the dealer who said they’d see it next week and now changed it to the end of August!

Ring your dealer to see what they say.
They said they’d see it next week and then changed it to a dealer an hour away at the end of August!

Without the car turned on, open the bonnet and with a 10mm spanner 🔧 slacken off the negative terminal on the 12 volt battery.
Now lift the clamp clear of the battery post.
Leave it in this position for around 10 - 15 minutes.
Now refit the clamp an tighten it.
Your done !.
The whole 12 volt system has now been reset.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom