Frustrating auto speed limiter.

Tony Chester

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm really enjoying my ZS BUT how frustrating when trying to use the auto speed limiter.
The camera misses many speed signs so you wait ages to get the correct speed and when entering a duel carriageway it may be a mile or so until a speed sign is visible and when it does pick it up you are limited to 60mph!
Also on minor roads when you make a turn the limiter wipes out the speed previously shown and you might have to travel another mile or more before it picks up a sign. This needs a serious update for it to be of any use at all.

I just hope they push a fix to not disable speed assist every time the car is powered off. It’s getting annoying having to turn it on in the Mg pilot menu every time I start a car.

I just hope they push a fix to not disable speed assist every time the car is powered off. It’s getting annoying having to turn it on in the Mg pilot menu every time I start a car.
If it works as described I presume you're better off with it off?

I believe it's only there to meet UK vehicle regulations, it's of no use whatsoever IMO.

If you use Waze in Android Auto it will give you an audible warning whenever you exceed the speed limit. Not quite the same I know but unlike the MG speed limiter it is very reliable if that is what you're looking for.

The inbuilt nav has a setting to warn you if you exceed the limit.
But the limits shown are only as up to date as the nav.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom