Fuel consumption

Melest

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Fuel consumption
Just completed first year of MGZS EV Trophy with 5,500 miles and the fuel costs have worked out at 10p per mile. Except for one long trip necessitating using expensive chargers I have exclusively used my own generated electricity with a 4kw solar panels and a 10kw battery storage system topped up with electricity from the grid. The only other costs were Insurance at £460 and service £160. Very pleased with going down the EV route.

You should now be able to get it down to around 2 or 3 pence per mile with off peak EV rates from 7p to 10p per kwh (depending on provider/tariff) and an average efficiency of 3.6 miles per kwh across the year.

Fuel consumption
Just completed first year of MGZS EV Trophy with 5,500 miles and the fuel costs have worked out at 10p per mile. Except for one long trip necessitating using expensive chargers I have exclusively used my own generated electricity with a 4kw solar panels and a 10kw battery storage system topped up with electricity from the grid. The only other costs were Insurance at £460 and service £160. Very pleased with going down the EV route.
Hi, what EVSE (charge point) do you have and does it link ok with the solar?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom