Fuel Economy

Tabby

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Just curious to see how many miles your full tank gives you?
Full tank cost be approx £57 giving me about 330 miles, how does that compare to what the others are getting?

When leaving the petrol station the display shows 271 miles but I am getting more than 300.

Full tank cost be approx £57 giving me about 330 miles, how does that compare to what the others are getting?

When leaving the petrol station the display shows 271 miles but I am getting more than 300.
About the same

Long term average 68 mpg (inclues the electric miles). Single motorway runs, two up with luggage, around 37mpg.

Small tank but range is good with electric motor supporting petrol engine. Recently did Liverpool to Cornwall (365 miles) on 1 tankful although all electric mileage used in support of the Auto mode. Very happy with mpg although the reading is a bit pointless.

On this car the fuel meter is a guess-o-meter..... I can start driving to somewhere at 270km of range left and drive for 100km and still have 310km of range left....so yeah....it's a guess sometimes , but I keep track of my range by resetting my trip counter when I fuel up.

Just finished a trip from Adelaide to Melbourne, a distance of 740 kms ( 460 miles), running mainly in hybrid mode. This is the recommendation of this community, and it was good to see the electric motor helping the ICE. The fuel consumption ranged from 6-7 Ltrs./100 kms (33 -39 mpg ).
This was at an average speed of 95 - 100 kms/ hour ( 60mph). Found the same figures coming back to Adelaide.
Amazingly, the battery charge did not drop during the trip, even with uphill stretches. So still had plenty for city driving after arrival. Happy with this consumption considering the size of the car.

Just finished a trip from Adelaide to Melbourne, a distance of 740 kms ( 460 miles), running mainly in hybrid mode. This is the recommendation of this community, and it was good to see the electric motor helping the ICE. The fuel consumption ranged from 6-7 Ltrs./100 kms (33 -39 mpg ).
This was at an average speed of 95 - 100 kms/ hour ( 60mph). Found the same figures coming back to Adelaide.
Amazingly, the battery charge did not drop during the trip, even with uphill stretches. So still had plenty for city driving after arrival. Happy with this consumption considering the size of the car.
Yes, mine's the same - battery charge level only varies a few % up or down while in hybrid mode on the freeway. If I know I'm going to have "too much" battery by the end of the journey, I'll force it into EV mode either during slower (roadworks, for example) zones, or once my remaining journey distance is less than the remaining distance on electric (and I know I'm going to be able to fully charge upon arrival). Might as well use the battery to its full potential, right?

What speed do you run the electric motor after you "force" it into ev mode? Does anyone know the speed at which the electric motor will run without damage? I know the electric motor has a 4 speed gearbox, but what is the "safe" speed for the electric motor?

What speed do you run the electric motor after you "force" it into ev mode? Does anyone know the speed at which the electric motor will run without damage? I know the electric motor has a 4 speed gearbox, but what is the "safe" speed for the electric motor?
Given that it allows you to switch to EV mode at any speed, I figure it's safe to do so .. it's just nowhere near as efficient at those higher speeds. After all, it'll still run the electric motor even when in Auto mode as you go to accelerate.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom