Merv

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I am a relatively new owner of a MG HS PHEV. Whilst my electric gauge always shows a consistent 63kms to run when fully charged, my fuel gauge varies.
My first fill showed I had 601 km to run. My second full fill showed I had 571 km to run. My third full fill showed I had 501 kms to run and the last time I filled it showed I had 453 kms to run. I have taken a photograph of each fill. My question is, why the inconsistency?

It shows the total range of petrol and electric added together although there are also separate gauges for just petrol and just electric. So if electric range was 63, then petrol would be 538, both added together gives 601. Perhaps the next time you filled up your electric range was only 20km for example, that would account for a reduction of 43km total range. It's also only a guide, known on these forums as a "Guess-ometer" because it's really only a guess based on your recent driving style. The car doesn't know in advance what your future driving style is going to be so it will guess based on your recent driving style. The car learns your driving style over time so it would guess that you have x amount of range if you continue driving the way you have been. But just say you go on a long trip at freeway speeds, you are going to use much more fuel driving like that than you would at slower speeds. Don't put too much faith in the range the car shows you. Just put fuel and electricity in when you need to and enjoy the car.

Thanks for your comments. However it is the fuel gauge I refer too not the combined gauge. I have just filled it again and get an ever lower 444 kms to run. I accept it is "settling down". However a big difference to when I first filled at when it showed 601 kms to run.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom