Fuel shortages

So who has had trouble on the forecourt with their EV 😃
My wife and I tonight !
We decided to go to McDonalds at Newbridge near Edinburgh for a bit of a McChomp tonight. The place was a wee bit busy to say the least with cars parked all over the place and the drive through queue endless. Well, before I knew it I was driving onto the BP forecourt next door. Certainly caused a few flashback moments watching all those poor primitive beings pouring expensive elixirs in their archaic machines as if there was no tomorrow for them - oh yeah - I jest not 🙃

So who has had trouble on the forecourt with their EV 😃
I did. Couldn’t access the BP Pulse charger at the back of the forecourt, because the entrance was rammed with panic-buying ICE drivers.

What part of ‘there is no fuel shortage’ do they not understand? 😳🤔

Fortunately there was Starbucks/GeniePoint combo nearby. And - amazingly - for the first time ever, I managed to get the charger to work on the first attempt. Usually I’ve found it takes two or three attempts (including at this site, when I’ve used it previously). Maybe they’ve had a software upgrade…

I did. Couldn’t access the BP Pulse charger at the back of the forecourt, because the entrance was rammed with panic-buying ICE drivers.

Fortunately there was Starbucks/GeniePoint combo nearby. And - amazingly - for the first time ever, I managed to get the charger to work on the first attempt. Usually I’ve found it takes two or three attempts (including at this site, when I’ve used it previously). Maybe they’ve had a software upgrade…
Might be changing with Genie , a little bird told me Genie are looking to sell that bit of the. Company , hope that doesn't include Engie , well at least till end of October as their chargers are free in West Yorkshire till then

I was out in my (ICE) van today - no fuel anywhere, was running on fumes to the point of coasting down hills to try and save a bit in order to get home. Which I did :)

Drove from Glasgow yesterday to Manchester and back today, a round trip of 446 miles. Must admit a feeling of pleasure that I didn't have to hunt for Petrol/diesel. I stopped at 2 Instavolt chargers on the way down and one on the way back. I like the fact they nearly always work, are fast and are cheap and convienient.

It's just their version of range anxiety 🤣

1633267386236.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom