Full charge displays 220 KM

facultative

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When I complete a full charge, before I disconnect the cable, I always check the display on the screen , it shows 260 KM. Once I disconnect the cable and turn the power on from inside the car, the display shows the range available to be only 220, not 260 km. Anyone got any idea what is going on with this discrepancy. Many thanks in advance.

Good question. Since buying the car nearly 2 months ago, I not changed anything re "mode". I will check which mode it is in later when the car returns home. Would changing the "modes" given a different estimated km range for each mode, - and I would have assumed "eco" would mean a longer estimate of km available. Am I on the right track? Cheers and thanks

Upvote 0
PUT THE CAR IN ECO MODE. IT WILL SHOW YOU THE FULL RANGE !!!!
Not necessarily, in ECO the GOM will show you the possible range if you drive slowly.
I can never understand why so many people think ECO magically adds actual range, it only adds a minute amount more than Normal mode by dumbing down the heating, the rest is gained by your driving style, in any mode.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily, in ECO the GOM will show you the possible range if you drive slowly.
I can never understand why so many people think ECO magically adds actual range, it only adds a minute amount more than Normal mode by dumbing down the heating, the rest is gained by your driving style, in any mode.
I also dont understand why you have not read or answered the OP question. He does not understand the difference in the readings after charging amd starting the car. After charging the estimsted mileage shown is related to maximum if you drive in Eco like a Nun with no heater but he has not worked out that when he starts the car its in Normal mode which will naturally show less "estimated " range. BTW you will get 10% more range in Eco than Normal if you drive it the same way under the same conditions i.e. with heater/ac etc.

Upvote 0
When I complete a full charge, before I disconnect the cable, I always check the display on the screen , it shows 260 KM. Once I disconnect the cable and turn the power on from inside the car, the display shows the range available to be only 220, not 260 km. Anyone got any idea what is going on with this discrepancy. Many thanks in advance.
think mine does the same - lot of knowledge on this site and someone may know - also 220km (137mls) seems low for your summertime ?

Upvote 0
This thread gets more bizarre by the minute ! The 260km you see on your "charging screen" is the estimated maximum range if you drive in Eco mode with no heater or aircon. The car will always start up in Normal mode which is why you see 220km in your "driving screen" . Put the car in Eco mode before you drive off and it will show 260km. Cant beliwve you have had the car 2 months and have not changed the driving mode. Its the left hand toggle swith in the centre console next to the KERS and BATTERY toggle switches. It gives you 3 modes Eco, Normal ans Sport.

Upvote 0
I also dont understand why you have not read or answered the OP question. He does not understand the difference in the readings after charging amd starting the car. After charging the estimsted mileage shown is related to maximum if you drive in Eco like a Nun with no heater but he has not worked out that when he starts the car its in Normal mode which will naturally show less "estimated " range. BTW you will get 10% more range in Eco than Normal if you drive it the same way under the same conditions i.e. with heater/ac etc.
If you read all the answers, you would have seen my answer in post #9
Also there's no way you'll get 10% more range in ECO than in normal unless you drive slower, that's why it's called a guess-o-meter.
And the estimated mileage shown being what you will get in driving like a nun in ECO is exactly what I said.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom