Full charge get me only 206 miles

FrenchGuillaume

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just a silly question but for the past 2 weeks when I charged my car and it say 100% fully charged and finished, I get 206 miles only and not 214.
Just wondering if it's because of colder weather at night time or maybe a degradation of the battery but the car is only 3 months old.
Thank you in advance for your answers and advices

Is that with Normal mode selected? Eco will always quote a few miles higher though it's always a bit of a guess in all scenarios. Ambient temperature will absolutely make a difference too! Once driving the figure will adapt according to your journey. Heavy right foot in Sport mode will see the number drop faster than a slightly more sedate approach...

I wouldn't worry about it, when fully charged "Normal" mode rarely shows over 200, but when I work the numbers after the next recharge, it's usually over 220 in real driving range. Though it could be also down to the type of miles I do..

A lot is down to the kind of driving you're doing. For me anything over 200 is a plus, though I generally get around 210.

When I fully charge mine, it reads 206 miles in Normal mode, 214 in Eco. Then again, depending on my driving, it sometimes reads 226.

Is that with Normal mode selected? Eco will always quote a few miles higher though it's always a bit of a guess in all scenarios. Ambient temperature will absolutely make a difference too! Once driving the figure will adapt according to your journey. Heavy right foot in Sport mode will see the number drop faster than a slightly more sedate approach...
Just selected eco now and show only195 miles available?!?

When you charge it up, do you let it balance the cells ?
To balance the battery, put it on charge and when it says 100% charged, leave it connected until it says connected but not charging on the dash, when you press the door button without the key or open the rear hatch, this could take a couple of hours. Do this each time you fully charge the car to keep the battery cells balanced, MG recommend balancing at least once a month.
You may find the range comes back up after doing this.

When you charge it up, do you let it balance the cells ?
To balance the battery, put it on charge and when it says 100% charged, leave it connected until it says connected but not charging on the dash, when you press the door button without the key or open the rear hatch, this could take a couple of hours. Do this each time you fully charge the car to keep the battery cells balanced, MG recommend balancing at least once a month.
You may find the range comes back up after doing this.
Will try this next time thank you

The estimated mileage figure is not the 'range', it's just a guess based on an algorithm which is why it's known as the Guess-o-meter or GOM. The actual total range varies massively depending on your driving (speed, conditions, temperature, traffic etc).

The 214 mile figure is based on a particular set of controlled tests and again not really reflective of actual driving conditions. I've driven some journeys which, when extrapolated, would give close to 300 miles total range; and others where it would be under 150 miles.

The estimated mileage figure is not the 'range', it's just a guess based on an algorithm which is why it's known as the Guess-o-meter or GOM. The actual total range varies massively depending on your driving (speed, conditions, temperature, traffic etc).

The 214 mile figure is based on a particular set of controlled tests and again not really reflective of actual driving conditions. I've driven some journeys which, when extrapolated, would give close to 300 miles total range; and others where it would be under 150 miles.
Thank you, I was a bit worry about that

Been getting distance covered + GOM forecast of 235 miles or thereabouts from time to time. Driving profile is a mix of local town, country lanes and 60-occasionally 70 mph on A roads in Econ mode and with AC on when I have to.

Mine is regularly showing 180-185, but as previously mentioned it is a Guess O Meter, I have found I get more if I select Eco mode on the car or I behave In Eco mode....🤔🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom