gas cap won't unlock

Matty

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I can't open the gas cap on my MG PHEV (2022). this is the first time this has stayed locked. The outer door opens but the cap won't release. Have you experienced this? I can't fill up gas.

It can get tight get someone stronger and turn anticlockwise to open.there is no lock on the cap only the door has a lock.

I can't open the gas cap on my MG PHEV (2022). this is the first time this has stayed locked. The outer door opens but the cap won't release. Have you experienced this? I can't fill up gas.
Keep a small shifting spanner in glovebox. The extra leverage with it opens it past that initial tight spot. That happened to me a couple of times as well and mg replaced the cap. I havent taken the cap off for the last 2500 kms, I still have 2 bars on the fuel gauge so no need to yet :)

I had the same problem yesterday! I couldn't open the lid in any way. I went to an authorized service center and the mechanic simply turned it and managed to open it. I felt useless and weak. You need finger strength, which unfortunately I don't have.

I havent filled up for 6 months, it was tight before and mg changed my cap. Next time if it gets tight I have an 8 inch shifting spanner in my glovebox to get it past that first initial tight part. You need strong fingers which I dont have. I Just checked mine and after 6 months its tight again. I'll have to use the spanner on it to crack the initial seal again..

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom