General Travel Enquiry.

ging353

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am hoping to travel from Sheffield to Skipsea for a much needed holiday soon. I am new to EV's and wonder what cards and Apps I need to get on my phone before the journey.......I am also a little concerned at the lack of chargers in and around the Bridlington area.......Any helpful information would be much appreciated.

I use Zap map on my computer to plan a journey. The route planner is excellent.
I used to be able to justify paying £7 ish per month for the Polar subscription which gave me 15p / kwh charging at the Polar and BP Chargemaster) chargers with the RFID card. But the lockdown meant it wasn't worth keeping so I cancelled it. It's 30p/kwh without the RFID card.

There is a CCS rapid at the Bridlington Morrisons, but it's broken, so I would call Geniepoint and ask whether that's likely to be fixed before your visit.
There are 4 7kw chargers at the Palace Car Park, and I'd get the Podpoint app and park there for a few hours when I needed a charge. You're gambling a bit on finding an available working one, though.

You've also got rapids at the Lidel and Morrisons in Beverely. Do some shopping there and charge up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom