Get the data off the car!

MartinReid

Standard Member
Reaction score
While reading the manual and the fact that the system knows if a equalisation charge has not been carried out for some time. That must mean the charging data is being stored by the system..

Does anyone know how to access this 'charging data' and how to copy it off the system.

I've looked in the Engineering Mode and can't see anything there..

Sincerely
Martin

DSCI0544.JPG

It knows because it monitors the battery cells and if they are sufficiently out of balance it will warn.
Use a bluetooth OBD2 dongle to access the data. There are plenty of threads with info if you need it on both the 5 and ZS forums.

Upvote 0
Does the ZS EV app work with the 5 ?
I haven't tried it on SWBO's yet, I didn't want to break (or brick) anything.

Upvote 0
Does the ZS EV app work with the 5 ?
I haven't tried it on SWBO's yet, I didn't want to break (or brick) anything.
I believe so. The apps are not ZS specific you just enter your car in the app and it maps the data. There is a thread where the 5 five links to a ABRP using a dongle.

Upvote 0
I believe so. The apps are not ZS specific you just enter your car in the app and it maps the data. There is a thread where the 5 five links to a ABRP using a dongle.
I've never looked at any Android apps (such as Torque) but Car Scanner on iOS works with the 5 but not seen any values related to battery balance, but does show SOH - possibly more details are returned through OBD port but not displayed. ABRP is native just now for all cars so this works nicely.

Upvote 0
I've never looked at any Android apps (such as Torque) but Car Scanner on iOS works with the 5 but not seen any values related to battery balance, but does show SOH - possibly more details are returned through OBD port but not displayed. ABRP is native just now for all cars so this works nicely.
Premium ABRP uses the dongle for live SOC to work out navigation and recharging requirements en-route

Upvote 0
Premium ABRP uses the dongle for live SOC to work out navigation and recharging requirements en-route
It's not just premium that supports the dongle - it should be available on non-subscription. But yeah, the real time availability and planning seems to be a premium feature - but I got the 5 added before I took out a subscription.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom