Getting less Kms from a charge suddenly.

SusanT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I am suddenly getting less than the 63 kms l used to get from a charge in my HS PHEV. The car was bought in March 2022. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

How much less? If it's only 1km less then that could be normal. Batteries degrade over time but yours is only just over 1 year old. There are a few posts on here about others getting less range than they used to over time. My PHEV was bought in Oct 2022 and still charges up to 63 kms. Make sure when you charge you leave it connected to the granny charger for an hour-ish to do the equalization charge. Regularly doing this can extend the life of the battery.

Upvote 0
Thank you for you reply but its actually the kms that l can drive on a charge that changes. The car always charges to 63kms on the screen but when l calculate the amount of kms l drive on a charge its sometimes much less than 63kms??

Upvote 0
That's absolutely normal. The range of a battery depends on many factors. Colder weather will use the battery quicker. Faster driving while in EV mode depletes it faster. You may not have used regenerative braking as much, you may have driven up hills more than usual, there are just so many factors that determine the actual range.

Upvote 0
Thank you, ronmaz, for your reply. As you can see my understanding of EV mode driving is very basic and new. Having said that, l love the car and am learning something new every day especially from this great forum. 63km EV mode is proving perfect for my day to day needs and it has been on a few longer trips where the range has changed due to possible factors you mentioned in your reply.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom