Getting rid of scuff marks on black plastic trim

Gadget Geek

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone.
I thought I'd share this discovery with you of how to get rid of those annoying scuff marks which won't go away with dash cleaner. Use a dab of liquid shoe polish on a cloth and then gently rub it in. It looks like it's just come from the showroom. :)

Rear door before:
20220915_140327.jpg

Rear door after:
20220915_140610.jpg

Try using one of these to remove marks and scuffs from interior plastics, professional detailers swear by them !.
I think you can buy a cheaper alternative in Aldi but they are not as strong, okay for occasional use though ?.
Use them with general internal detailing spray or even some fast glass window cleaner.
Warm soapy water at a push.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi everyone.
I thought I'd share this discovery with you of how to get rid of those annoying scuff marks which won't go away with dash cleaner. Use a dab of liquid shoe polish on a cloth and then gently rub it in. It looks like it's just come from the showroom. :)
would the black not transfer onto clothes?

would the black not transfer onto clothes?
I suppose some brands of shoe cleaner might. The one I found in the cupboard under the sink was a liquid wax which I rubbed on until dry. I've just given it a rub with some kitchen towel and none of it came off.

Is it scuffs, or that something spilled? Would a soft nail brush or something and a gentle soap not help to get the visible remains out from around the top and bottom of the trim there, then maybe a little polish after?

Is it scuffs, or that something spilled? Would a soft nail brush or something and a gentle soap not help to get the visible remains out from around the top and bottom of the trim there, then maybe a little polish after?
It does look like a spill in the photo, but it was definately a scuff which wouldn't budge with dash cleaner. :)

That & maybe a microfibre cloth to help get in the nooks & crannies of the texture

Try using one of these to remove marks and scuffs from interior plastics, professional detailers swear by them !.
I think you can buy a cheaper alternative in Aldi but they are not as strong, okay for occasional use though ?.
Use them with general internal detailing spray or even some fast glass window cleaner.
Warm soapy water at a push.

Be careful if using these. They are abrasive and you can do more harm than good. I say this from experience.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom