• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

GFV reasonable?

SiW80

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Test drove a LR and really liked it.

Got a PCP quote for a Trophy Connect in blue for RRP of £34,540.

The GFV is £14,323.50 which struck me as low.

What do you all think?

Comparing the total cost of the PCP (assuming you hand it back or there is no equity as trade in price is the same as the GFV) it is about £5k less to lease over the same 48 month period. So unless the car is actually worth more than £19k it seems leading is the more cost effective route.

Probably a little low for 4 years old, depreciated 59%, I'd expect about 50%.
Worth buying it at the end and selling private or doing a better trade in value.

I think the ZS EV LR will hold its value well as the range whatever future developments will be adequate for perceived typical family needs even in winter.

Been checking the MG PCP prices and compared to a lease it’s expensive assuming you don’t keep the car due to the deposit as the monthly’s are very similar.

Need it to be worth more than £19k to make the PCP the better long term option.

Had the same consideration. I prefer the idea of PCP but the maths just don’t stack up.
I’m assuming lease deals have factored in a decent residuals value (and why the ZS is cheaper than 5 to lease despite a higher list price).

Test drove a LR and really liked it.

Got a PCP quote for a Trophy Connect in blue for RRP of £34,540.

The GFV is £14,323.50 which struck me as low.

What do you all think?

Comparing the total cost of the PCP (assuming you hand it back or there is no equity as trade in price is the same as the GFV) it is about £5k less to lease over the same 48 month period. So unless the car is actually worth more than £19k it seems leading is the more cost effective route.
If you haven’t already, check out the “classifieds” under the ZSEV section as Miles has shared some good offers (best I’ve seen for PCP). Conversely Arnold Clark have a good PCH deal too.

Have checked them out and look OK.

It’s the PCP APR of 4.9% for the ZS killing it - it’s just under half of that on the MG5 :(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom