global closing

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I've looked into this but can't find and answer. Does the Trophy Connect do global closing ? closes windows and roof automatically when you lock the door ?

Cheers

I doubt, because mine Luxury (different trims, as is not UK) is the top trin, and it does not have automatic windows up, is automatic only down, when you roll up the windows you need to hold the button, so I think is missing the anticlam function.
But I will try later today and let you know.

I've looked into this but can't find and answer. Does the Trophy Connect do global closing ? closes windows and roof automatically when you lock the door ?

Cheers
I've read the manual from cover to cover, and seen no mention of this. It's been so long since i had a car with it, i'd forgotten it was a thing. Current car doesn't even remote lock, i have to use the key, like a peasant.

BMW and the VAG group tend to offer this feature.
They call it “Total Closure” if I remember correctly ?.
If you have the side windows open and hold down the lock button on the fob, it will bring up the windows and close the sun roof.
Same if you hold down the unlock button, it will unlock the car and bring down the windows and ope the sun roof.
I thought the MG5 had the features for the side windows, but I could be wrong ?.

Cheers
Have you tried using the fob and holding the lock button down for a few seconds. This is how it works on the cars we have at present.

I doubt, because mine Luxury (different trims, as is not UK) is the top trin, and it does not have automatic windows up, is automatic only down, when you roll up the windows you need to hold the button, so I think is missing the anticlam function.
But I will try later today and let you know.
It does actually have it on the drivers side front door, but you are right on the other 3 doors, you can lower the window by pressing the button down for a second, but if you want to go up, you need to hold the button up the whole time.

It is a bit of a strange decision, i can not think the price difference between with and without, this feature in each door would be very big.

I mainly used the feature with the keyfob, holding unlock to roll windows down, in summer to cool the car a bit before getting in, but with AC, enabled from the app, it's not that big of a problem :)

Shame the HS has it

There are some niceties on the HS that in my opinion should have been put on the ZS EV, like the global closing, dynamic rear LED indicators instead of incandescent bulbs (yuck... will be replacing them on day one)... can't understand why companies still put regular bulbs on an EV...

Mg5 exclusive sr has global closing.

Why do mg give it one model but not another, its not like they're miles apart on price.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom