Glove box removal

I want to run a phone cable out of sight to the USB socket for Android Auto connection... I don't like cables trailing everywhere

If it’s the same as the driver side you will feel a shelve if you run your hand down from the the glove box and when you get to edge bottom you my find closing your fingers you will find a shelve that can stick pads on with clips on so you can clip the wire into out of the way. I did it on the driver side and did not need to dismantle the dashboard.

If it’s the same as the driver side you will feel a shelve if you run your hand down from the the glove box and when you get to edge bottom you my find closing your fingers you will find a shelve that can stick pads on with clips on so you can clip the wire into out of the way. I did it on the driver side and did not need to dismantle the dashboard.
I will check it out tomorrow... thanks

And then I can keep my phone in the glovebox
My phone sits on the open cover of the USB and power socket area. I use a short (9inches) USB cable so no excess cable to hide. The phone sits there really well and never falls out. When I've finished driving I disconnect the cable and tuck it back under the flap before closing it.
I assumed everyone did the same!

Call me OCD my phone cable now runs through the back of that USB and Cig lighter area and ends up in the glovebox... Drive along now with Android Auto working, Flap closed and phone and wires all out of sight ... Yes I'm obsessed

This is how it sits in the HS PHEVView attachment 8734
Phone in center console or your pocket, 'Android Auto Wireless' is usually connected usually before you drive off and no need to take your dash apart. Leave the lid closed and forget about it.

Edited:
It helps to keep your phone in your left trouser pocket or the slot by the console cup holders. I found having the phone in my right pocket gave a less reliable connection. No idea why but nearer the AAW is better.
Also with Google maps I keep my version old, 10.80.0 this seems to stop the lagging problem, well for me anyway!

Last edited:
Phone in center console or your pocket, 'Android Auto Wireless' is usually connected usually before you drive off and no need to take your dash apart. Leave the lid closed and forget about it.

Edited:
It helps to keep your phone in your left trouser pocket or the slot by the console cup holders. I found having the phone in my right pocket gave a less reliable connection. No idea why but nearer the AAW is better.
Also with Google maps I keep my version old, 10.80.0 this seems to stop the lagging problem, well for me anyway!
Your set up is exactly what I'm after! Can I ask where you got the AA Wireless, the Sandisk and the cig lighter usb port from?? Been searching!! Thanks!!

Hi Abingdon 71. Welcome to the forum.
The twin USB was from Sainsbury's of all places. It is a Rockland Double USB Car Charger barcode 5014994103444. Sandisk from Amazon or Sainsbury's. (Ebay not recommended) the AAW was from AAWireless | Wireless Android Auto™ for everyone or indiegogo website.
You're a superstar...thanks!! It looks like the perfect set up to me!!!

Call me OCD my phone cable now runs through the back of that USB and Cig lighter area and ends up in the glovebox... Drive along now with Android Auto working, Flap closed and phone and wires all out of sight ... Yes I'm obsessed
Bit late to the party - got up my MG HS PHEV and would love to know how you got the cable through the back of the USB area to the glove box - so I can hide that temporary DAB box and its cable!

And then I can keep my phone in the glovebox
Must be me, because I had assumed everyone would do the same.....

I bought a short (8 inches) USB cable on Ebay (good quality one that is fabric covered) and connect the phone and put it above the dampened flap cover. Safe and sound there and doesn't fly on to the floor when going around bends.

When not using the Android auto connection simply unplug the cable and tuck it beneath the flap before closing it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom