• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Good bye and good luck

Allen78

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to all.

Thought I'd just say this has been a great a forum, with a lovely helpful bunch of people. Unfortunately I decided to trade my MG in for a Kia e-niro which turns up next week. The car has been good and was my first full electric car, the car has not been without its niggles (rattling A pillars, squeaky windscreen, vibrating sun roof when in the tilt position,media screen going blank at random times and the knocking noise which took 8 attempts to fix). Despite those problems I still think it's a good car especially at the price point,but the final straw for me was the dealership. It went in for its first service 2 weeks ago they were rude, none of the updates were done. So to they did not check for the door harness recall (mine is a very early car) no HV fuse update, performed ,cannot charge with doors unlocked and no BMS update. No info about the AA cover you get with the service and not even a free MG bear! 😂.
The check sheet had Mazda on it and was clearly for a ice car but they still checked the boxes for engine oil, exhaust system etc 🤔. I would have made them do all of the above but to be honest I knew my Kia was on the way, so I thought stuff it I'm off.

So good luck to you all in the future with MG I do hope it all goes well and they continue to grow, but sort the dealer network out.

Allen

Hello to all.

Thought I'd just say this has been a great a forum, with a lovely helpful bunch of people. Unfortunately I decided to trade my MG in for a Kia e-niro which turns up next week. The car has been good and was my first full electric car, the car has not been without its niggles (rattling A pillars, squeaky windscreen, vibrating sun roof when in the tilt position,media screen going blank at random times and the knocking noise which took 8 attempts to fix). Despite those problems I still think it's a good car especially at the price point,but the final straw for me was the dealership. It went in for its first service 2 weeks ago they were rude, none of the updates were done. So to they did not check for the door harness recall (mine is a very early car) no HV fuse update, performed ,cannot charge with doors unlocked and no BMS update. No info about the AA cover you get with the service and not even a free MG bear! 😂.
The check sheet had Mazda on it and was clearly for a ice car but they still checked the boxes for engine oil, exhaust system etc 🤔. I would have made them do all of the above but to be honest I knew my Kia was on the way, so I thought stuff it I'm off.

So good luck to you all in the future with MG I do hope it all goes well and they continue to grow, but sort the dealer network out.

Allen
That's appalling.

Dish the dealer, I'm afraid they deserve it, we all need to avoid them!

Hello to all.

Allen
Please report the garage and get them to take account for their actions.

The garage is Donaldson's in Peterborough.

I have sent an email to MG head office so I shall see what they say, but doesn't really matter as it's too late for them to change my mind.

I had it serviced just to keep it in line with the warranty and it was easier to trade in with that done.
The funny thing is I was waiting to see how the service went before I placed my order with Kia, thinking I would have to wait months I was surprised to find out that there was two unclaimed e niros just coming into port and one of them was the colour and spec I wanted 🙂

Hi Allen, who did you trade with? Was it a lot more expensive ? and how did you get it so quickly as I thought there were long waiting lists??sorry for barrage of questions but I’m looking for more range 🧐

Hi Allen, who did you trade with? Was it a lot more expensive ? and how did you get it so quickly as I thought there were long waiting lists??sorry for barrage of questions but I’m looking for more range 🧐
Hi

I have gone to my local Kia EMG in kings Lynn they are brilliant as my wife has a Kia Niro and they can never do enough for you so I'm in good hands there.
To be honest I think I was just lucky to grab one as there is quite a waiting list still. As for costs I currently pay £300 a month and that will go to £450 a month but considering the price difference to a 4+ model + 3 years free servicing and all the extras you get with that model I'm more then happy.

Good luck with your E-Niro. To be honest, I would've proably gotten one of those if it wasn't for the long waiting list. The MG was available almost immedietaly and the deal I got made it significantly cheaper than the Kia, so it was a no-brainer really. I was impressed with the Kia, had a Sportage a few years back and whilst the suspension was a bit "boingy", it was a great car. All that said, do I regret the getting the MG? Not at all, the only regret was the poor preparation by the dealer (swirls caused by careless washing).

Please pop back and let us know how you're getting on with your new car!

Hi

I have gone to my local Kia EMG in kings Lynn they are brilliant as my wife has a Kia Niro and they can never do enough for you so I'm in good hands there.
To be honest I think I was just lucky to grab one as there is quite a waiting list still. As for costs I currently pay £300 a month and that will go to £450 a month but considering the price difference to a 4+ model + 3 years free servicing and all the extras you get with that model I'm more then happy.
When dealers accept the fact that customers are NOT likely to buy from that manufacturer every again, if the after sales service is poor, the sooner the better !.
Poor after sales WILL result in people talking with their feet.
@Allen78 is a perfect example of this !.
The issues on his car where fairly minor and with a better customer focus, could have dealt with in a much better fashion.
Gone and never likely to return as a result of poor customer service.
This does nothing to inspire confidence in the brand.
Gaining new customers is fairly simple, the trick here is to hang onto them !.
The buying process is important, but the after sales service will make or break any future sales from that manufacture 100%.

Good luck with your E-Niro. To be honest, I would've proably gotten one of those if it wasn't for the long waiting list. The MG was available almost immedietaly and the deal I got made it significantly cheaper than the Kia, so it was a no-brainer really. I was impressed with the Kia, had a Sportage a few years back and whilst the suspension was a bit "boingy", it was a great car. All that said, do I regret the getting the MG? Not at all, the only regret was the poor preparation by the dealer (swirls caused by careless washing).

Please pop back and let us know how you're getting on with your new car!
Cheers

I was in the same boat as you. I was looking at the Kia E Niro back in late 2019 but the delivery dates were ridiculous so I looked at the MG as was very impressed as well with the overall quality and the price. I certainly do not regret buying at the time but as posts above state good service keeps people coming back. I can put up with faults if they are fixed quickly and effectively, that often means more to me then the actual product.

Good luck with the Nero. That’s well out of my budget . The more I’ve thought about it I would miss the boot space on MG which is a big plus when you have a family. I dread to think of the extra energy consumption with a roof box on top😱

I'm also fed up and moved to kona. Just ordered ford mustang mach e.
Mg poor quality and rubbish updates especially bms.

I'm also fed up and moved to kona. Just ordered ford mustang mach e.
Mg poor quality and rubbish updates especially bms.
Poor quality where in particular? Did you just order your Kona?

Hello to all.

Allen
You should have waited Alan for the updated E-Niro coming out in Australia in July/August this year, completely different in looks to the current model. Not sure when it will go on sale in your neck of the woods.

Hello to all.

Allen
Hi Allen,

Sorry to hear you're leaving but understandable with shocking service like that. Just hope MG actually take your complaint seriously through to the dealer.

I have my first service coming up with a few issues to address so hope that goes well. I don't mind faults or niggles but it's how there addressed and resolved.

Just to say thank you for the audio advice recently which helped. It's a shame after you had all yours upgraded.

Good luck with the new Niro, I've had a few sportages which were great too.

All the best and check back with a eNiro update 👍

Cheers
Neil

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom