Goodbye to my FL MG5

DewiSant

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
After 14 months and 30,000 miles I'm swapping my MG5 Trophy for a Skoda Enyaq. Its a company car and the Enyaq was always my first choice but unfortunately as I placed my order it was removed from the options list.

The MG5 has been fine, really reliable, well appointed, good performance and very practical but I've never been able to fall in love with the car. I find it quite noisy on motorways and I find it extremely uncomfortable on longer journeys - which I do quite often. For me the seat lacks support especially under thigh and if I have the seat adjusted for my legs it's a stretch to reach the steering wheel even at its maximum setting. Finally the real world range - especially in winter falls short of my needs.

My wife's recently received an MG4 Trophy and that really shows up the 5. It's more comfortable, quieter and even though the 5 now shares the same infotainment screen there's much better integration and functions in the 4.

The MG5 is a perfect car for many people, it's decent size and practical, is comfortable over shorter journeys and has enough range for most peoples needs. I also know some people have covered long distances in theirs and found the comfort to be OK but that's not me - maybe the odd long journey but not when your doing them every week.

I had experience of EV from my wife's previous Corsa e but the 5 was the first one I drove regularly. By no means a bad car but just not right for me. However, if the rumours are true about the next 5 being based on the MG4 then that would be of interest.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom