Google maps & AA Wireless Shows map of the world.

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I am still getting drop outs, sometimes either the phone or AA wireless does not even know what country I am in. Sometimes it comes to life during a journey at other times not. Most frustrating.
For months I have been trying to find what may help, putting the phone in the console, on the dash, left trouser pocket, nothing seemed to sort it.
A week or so ago I got fed with Google Maps screen and pulled out the AA Wireless plug from the USB at a set of lights, the screen went black and then returned to the cars info screen. I counted to 10 then plugged in the AA Wireless, about 15 seconds later the screen showed the road I was on and the position on that road without any lag.
This would not help if you had set a destination then pulled the plug, but if you started up as normal then unplugged and re-plugged the AA Wireless then set your destination it should remain active. Not tried his bit yet but the unplugging bit certainly fixed the ‘Where in the Hell am I’ when Google Maps just displays a map of the world or where you were when you left and not where you actually are now.

Hi A
the phone in the pocket it will not get a full signal, I use Hendon Wood Lane to go to work and once get down from the gate pub I lose signal in the pocket. I found the best place for the phone is on the pull back screen covering the cup Holders. I use Car2play adapter which works 99% of the time.

Hi J.
Thanks but tried that, also phone sitting on and under the USB Cover lift up, sometimes it worked and sometimes not. So far So good with phone in right pocket, or most anywhere in that area after a re-plug.

Do you every clear the junk/cookies etc. from your phone? I sometimes get similar problems if I forget. A phone is only a small computer and they suffer from the same problems as a laptop. Lots of rubbish downloaded that you're not aware of.

Waze showed me on a street that i had passed 10 minutes earlier, the other day, yet Google maps was up to date and showed me where i actually was.
If the app is having an issue try clearing the cache on the app setting.

Do you every clear the junk/cookies etc. from your phone? I sometimes get similar problems if I forget. A phone is only a small computer and they suffer from the same problems as a laptop. Lots of rubbish downloaded that you're not aware of.
Once I had found out how to do it, yes. I also found uninstalling updates also improved its reliability but not had to do that after the USB plug out/in. Will have to see how it goes long term.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom