Government support for EV's

Cliff Mitchell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Based on what I have read on this forum there seems to be solid support from a number of Governments for the purchase of EV's, including support for the installation of home chargers. In Australia there is no Government support for EV's, in fact, there are a number of states which are planning to impose a levy (tax, tariff) on the use of EV's (Victoria - 2.5 cents per kilometer). I wonder why there is minimal support for electric vehicles.

Yes it's odd that Australia has taken this approach. Do they view EVs as a luxury perhaps? Without wanting to get into a political debate, I do find some of the Australian political decisions worrying (and those of other countries too, including my own) but with the droughts/fires in Australia that have beenn reported here, you'd think the politicians would want to do everything they can to curb emissions and be less harmful to the environment.

Morrison actively campaigned on a message of dont buy an ev as you wont be able to tow your boat and your weekend will be cancelled. Fear mongering. He is in the pockets of the oil coal and gas companys. He wont be around to see the worst so he is after the cash in his lifetime.

Brilliant video, thanks for posting. The presenter is very, very easy on the eye (ahem), but I can't work out what the hell is going on with her voice. Anyway, I like the style and content, it's very well done and will hopefully push people into action down under as the whole situation is quite literally upside down.

I don't even know where to begin with that video. I take it he's a bit out with the price of the MG?

I can’t understand why any government would actively make it harder to own a EV we can all see the way things are going even if they don’t promote EV don’t hinder them *** 🤦‍♂️

The latest BEV technology is evolving so fast that owning an ICE vehicle in the next five years will be akin to owning a horse. :eek: The countries that are pushing back on the inevitable transition to cleaner electric vehicles will just find it harder & much more expensive to play catch up when the penny drops that investors are now demanding change to a cleaner future.

Any reports I've ever watched about ScoMo usually confirm that he's what us Weegies would refer to as a bellend 🤔

Pushing the continuous mining of brown coal for export, then eventually turning up at towns ravaged by wildfire to sympathise, and maybe even say a prayer for them (rather than, I dunno, have a look around and see that the big man plays the long game, and mibbe he should try doing some actual work that would help a bit quicker)... did chuckle a bit when he was told which way and how far he could bugger off.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom