Granny charger with LCD

Hi
Have seen them, if you are going to use this then you need to have a dedicated circuit from the fuse board to a outside waterproof socket, I would not use this from a socket on your ring main. Some one on here had one that adjusted at 8 10 16amps and was using at 16amp and the socket had to be replace which is 3kw. Have a word with a electrician who is the expert.

Hi
Have seen them, if you are going to use this then you need to have a dedicated circuit from the fuse board to a outside waterproof socket, I would not use this from a socket on your ring main. Some one on here had one that adjusted at 8 10 16amps and was using at 16amp and the socket had to be replace which is 3kw. Have a word with a electrician who is the expert.
why would that be, the normal granny charger doesn't need a dedicated circuit and if amps is set ok?

This is what I would do you are pulling 3.6 ke of power at 16 amp and this will heat the plug and wiring in the ring main and if there is a Week point in the Circuit this will heat up more and could Cause a fire. I am no expert but I have a common sense that I would consult a electrician and get him to check if this could be run on your circuits. There are many posts on here about plugs that have heated up and scorched melted et cetera it’s only just been safe 3 kW is like a free bar electric fire which you do not see any more the most you would get would be to bar which would be 2 kW.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom