Gridserve chargers

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
If you role up to a charger with two CCS outlets and one is in use, can you use the other or do you have to wait until the other person has stopped charging? I'm, new to this game.

I would assume it would tell you when you plug in.

Upgraded chargers which are capable of dual charging have updated signage to indicate this. It’s getting rolled out everywhere via software updates but think grid capacity to some locations might be an issue.

We used one dual CCS at Gridserve Keel Services but nobody else could use the second plug.. the i3 could only pull 50kw on a 150kw per plug unit so shouldn't really have been a capacity issue.

They had two dual units and a shared ccs and chademo but only 3 cars could charge. I'd assume not until they can switch all dual ones to work as they were intended.

I was quite disappointed and the other person who arrived after with an ID3 was needing to get somewhere so I disconnected when I realised what he was going through!

I'm surprised that a charger fitted with 2 ccs connectors could not charge via both at once, seems a bit pointless.

More understandable with 1xccs/1xchademo as that's just offering a choice of connector for a single dc charger.

I'm surprised that a charger fitted with 2 ccs connectors could not charge via both at once, seems a bit pointless.

More understandable with 1xccs/1xchademo as that's just offering a choice of connector for a single dc charger.
They will after planned software update - been promised for a long time but eventually being rolled out now. Why not from the outset? Not sure.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom