Gridserve excellence

mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just like to praise Gridserve's charger at j47 on the M4. Gridserve have replaced the Ecotricty chargers there, and it worked very well first time and with ease. 150kwh rate, gave about 30KW in about 30 minutes, and cost £5.30 odd. If all chargers worked as well, we are making progress in the charging network...:D

I'm guessing they mean at a rate of 30kW FOR about 30 mins, unless Gridserve are only charging about 18p/KwH. Thought they were over 30p these days?

so- great news on the increasing suitability of the charging network, and a quick example of why the difference between KW and KWh is quite important... even if it is confusing using time as part of the dimension that is better understood as a 'volume'

Gridserve charge 30p/kWh so if bill was £5.30 odd about 18kWh was dispensed. If charging for 30 mins that equates to a charge rate of around 36kW. That is pretty close to the charge rates I have seen when it is cool, or if charging from a moderate SoC.

Glad the OP was satisfied but we have a long way to go if this is worthy of celebration.

Sorry, not an electrician, and easliy confused most of the time. The charger was a 150 lumps, unsure how many the ZS could absorb. Yes the cost was 30p a lump, and the bill was in the region of £5.30, so I got 17 and a bit lumps in about 30 minutes. I stopped roughly and for no other reason than time at 75%..

Technical bit aside, it was good and easy to use, and I said so on Zap Map to inform others...1 lump...2 lumps...:D

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom