Gridserve

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've had 4 failed charges on these pumps, closely followed by successfully charging on a different GS Pump at another location. The error message was very helpful NOT. "The car did something unexpected" Totally useless. Any one have any ideas?

I've had 4 failed charges on these pumps, closely followed by successfully charging on a different GS Pump at another location. The error message was very helpful NOT. "The car did something unexpected" Totally useless. Any one have any ideas?
Did you call the GS helpline? I found them extremely helpful when I had a problem. They may have been able to resolve it for you with a remote reboot of the pump. Unfortunately, the technology isn't perfect and sometimes if the pump has a lock-up it isn't then able to report its own fault condition which is why calling the helpline is sometimes the only way they'll even know there is an issue. Sounds daft I know.

I had a problem with the 350kW chargers at Wetherby services, couldn't get it to start, I moved to the 50kW chargers and it started without issue. I only needed a quick top up, so didn't pursue the problem

Someone on facebook had a similar problem with the 350kW chargers at Brentwood (or Brentford?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you call the GS helpline? I found them extremely helpful when I had a problem. They may have been able to resolve it for you with a remote reboot of the pump. Unfortunately, the technology isn't perfect and sometimes if the pump has a lock-up it isn't then able to report its own fault condition which is why calling the helpline is sometimes the only way they'll even know there is an issue. Sounds daft I know.
Ditto, same goes for the 3-4 times I’ve had to call other networks when there’s an issue. They normally do a remote reboot & all is good.

One would have thought there would be sufficient IT capabilities for some sort of dashboard & an alert system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work within the IT industry and we have a remote monitoring tool for our website. This detects issues and restarts the applications behind the website automatically. So this is possible, just need the development work put in.

Aside from the issues of RFID being temperamental I had a BP pulse charger that thought it was still connected to a car even though it allowed me to interact as a new connection. A call to customer services and reboot generally works. The software on the chargers still need work obviously.

Tried Gridserve today, the double CCS charger would not work on either plug, said issue with car on the charger. Moved to the CCS/Chdmo unit and that worked first time on the CCS. Not sure if starting the car and moving it 10ft fixed whatever problem the car was causing.

Tried Gridserve today, the double CCS charger would not work on either plug, said issue with car on the charger. Moved to the CCS/Chdmo unit and that worked first time on the CCS. Not sure if starting the car and moving it 10ft fixed whatever problem the car was causing.
I encountered the new Grid Serve chargers at Potters Bar Services on M25 with Double-headed CCS but because one was in use the other wouldn't connect. I spoke to customer service who said that they'd rolled out the upgrading of the Ecotricity Rapid chargers on the site to Ultra Chargers, but the upgrade of the higher capacity cabling infrastructure to the chargers require a lot of additional work so they'd limited each charger to single connector delivery per charger. As soon as the first connected vehicle finished their charge, I was able to charge.

I encountered the new Grid Serve chargers at Potters Bar Services on M25 with Double-headed CCS but because one was in use the other wouldn't connect. I spoke to customer service who said that they'd rolled out the upgrading of the Ecotricity Rapid chargers on the site to Ultra Chargers, but the upgrade of the higher capacity cabling infrastructure to the chargers require a lot of additional work so they'd limited each charger to single connector delivery per charger. As soon as the first connected vehicle finished their charge, I was able to charge.
No one was using either on this one. Just couldn't communicate with the car. It did have the upgrade though with both apparently available at the same time. This was on the M42.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom