Group advice sought - been without my car for 5 months.

danj

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Afternoon all.
On a sunny day in September 2023, I opened the roof on my 22 reg ZS SR Trophy and there was a horrible scrunching sound, the roof blind had somehow detached itself from the runners and failed.
I've had a few cars with glass roofs so I'm aware of how they work, never had this happen to me before, so I rang the supplying dealer who booked me in, declared there was indeed a fault and ordered the relevant parts.
The car was dropped off on the 31st October once the parts had arrived, all good I thought I'll have it back in a couple of days.
That was the last time I saw my car, it's been with the dealer ever since.
There was an issue with the parts MG sent, something was either broken or missing so more parts have been ordered.
I've been back and forth with my dealer (who have provided me with a courtesy car the whole time to be fair to them) where we've had various promises of new parts deliveries from MG but nothing has arrived as of yet.
What would you be doing now, if you were in my shoes?
I own the car out right so there's no finance company to get involved.

The goods are not of reasonable quality nor fit for purpose. Quote the Consumer Rights Act 2015 at them and ask for a replacement or your money back. You have been more than patient with them and given them more than a reasonable time to rectify the fault.

Well you beat me then; I had a courtesy car for 4 months. I saw it as 4 months less wear and tear on mine so wasn't overly concerned. The courtesy car was an MG 5 so was a decent replacement IMO. If I'd been given a fossil fuelled car then would've been a different story.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom