Guidance with my wife

JamesNSusan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So, there we were, driving to see our granddaughter, a 200+ mile round trip. We always plug in with the granny cable when we get there, the boost ensures we get home OK (we sometimes have to detour to avoid heavy traffic on the M25). Our family live way out in the sticks: no charge points for miles. And nothing on those parts of the M23/M25/M3 that we use.

Suddenly my wife goes, "oh no!". What's the problem? "I took everything out of the boot when we took all that stuff to the tip. I don't think I put the charging cables back."

What would you have done:

a) to get charged
b) to ensure your wife never does this again?

One of you use your mobile to find out where your nearest charge points are and head to one of those and top up... a 20% charge would probably cover you as long as you aren't going to do any running about.

We topped up at fleet before we got onto the M25 there are a few Instavolt sites.
You could also use them on the way back or the Winchester services on the M3.
B. put them under the floor around the spare wheel. I keep my type2 in the frunk

Attachments

• 20220603_104636.jpg
    20220603_104636.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 95
Put the cables in her handbag and make her take it with her for 3 months....

No but seriously.... Maybe fixate your cable pouch inside your trunk? A fixed position somewhere ?

My granny cable lives in one of those side pockets in the boot. I'm surprised she felt the need to clear those too.
Did she clear your car too, or maybe they weren't in his side pockets. Maybe she did clear the side pockets, maybe she didn't, I'm surprised you assumed she had and that they were in it ! :)

It was intended as more of an implied suggestion for the future, not an assumption. Given there has been a similar discussion over assumptions in another post, I guess we need to be ultra careful here about not writing sloppy posts!!

I share your pain. A good many years back I was loading the car for a tip run. Had my phone in my hand and no pocket handy, so I popped it on top of the box of junk.

And forgot to take it out.

Got home and realised I no longer had a phone.

Somewhere there's a Treo 650 (it WAS a long while ago) and a small SDCard, all feeling very lost.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom