Gutted

Kerno

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I went to pick up my brand new HS Phev yesterday, when I arrived the car looked stunning in its red paint. After a painless handover and saying a sad farewell to my trusty Insignia I got in and drove away from the dealers looking forward to the hr or so drive home. About 1/4 of a mile up the road and check engine light appears on the dash. So I turned round and headed back to the dealer. The dealer then drove the car with me but it was obvious that the error was not going to clear so car went into workshop for a diagnostic test to be carried out. It appears the fault is a air flow sensor. This was duely stripped off another brand new car, this failed to fix the issue.
The dealer in all of this has been excellent and said they need to find out what is wrong and fix then test to ensure I had no more issues. I said OK so they gave me a brand new zs to use while this was being fixed. I got home about an hr later to a phone call saying my car is fixed it was another sensor further down the line and it had been fully checked by the master machanic and all was well. I said great I will see you in the morning to pick it up. 30 mins later phonecall from garage, car fault returned when going to fill it up to say sorry for the first time fault 😐. I was told they would be in touch hopefully today Sat or Monday at the latest. I have not received a call today so I assume they couldnt have fixed it.
I must say I am really disappointed how to spoil what was supposed to be a great weekend playing with my new car. Of course it's never happened before, I here this a lot. Oh and it has the temp DAB airel stuck on the windscreen just to add to the misery.
I was shown a confidential memo from MG stating how dissatisfied customers were with this solution and how they are working hard to have these units replaced ASAP. So a bit of good news there.

Paul

Shaky start but at least you have another car to tide you over. Did they say what the original fault code was?

Not the code no just it was an air flow sensor, I assume they are referring to the mass air flow sensor.

Just a update they traced the fault to an intercooler pipe that hadnt been installed at the factory. A bit strange as they carried out a full PDI so no idea why this didnt show up. They also put fuel in so very strange. Anyway all is well with the car now and I am thrilled with it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom