Had my MG5 a week already

Silver estate

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
How time flys as it’s been a week already since I picked up my MG5 excite in Westminster silver and loving it 😍
Its been a learning curve switching from a ICE car to electric and as I posted last Sunday I’ve already been caught out 😳
pone thing I have found is that the heating fan if switched off gave me 8 more miles and don’t press the go pedal to hard as the car goes off like a scalded cat

Glad you’re enjoying it. As someone who has had a car for a year and 10,000 miles, the only other advice I would give is:

• If you keep it at 60, you’ll get a lot better range than driving at 70 or 80.
  • If you have a heavy right foot, then prepare to shell out for a set of front tyres after a year.
  • You really won’t regret owning one. It’s one of the best decisions I made in the past couple of years.

Glad you’re enjoying it. As someone who has had a car for a year and 10,000 miles, the only other advice I would give is:

• If you keep it at 60, you’ll get a lot better range than driving at 70 or 80.
  • If you have a heavy right foot, then prepare to shell out for a set of front tyres after a year.
  • You really won’t regret owning one. It’s one of the best decisions I made in the past couple of years.
Most of my driving is town and country roads with a biweekly 80 mile round trip on DC/Motorway
Already taken lead out my boots

Most of my driving is town and country roads with a biweekly 80 mile round trip on DC/Motorway
Already taken lead out my boots
Just enjoy the car. If you haven't noticed already the speedo is very accurate compared to most, so with ACC set at 65 you are probably keeping up with most (law abiding) motorway users whose speedos are overreading a fair bit. Also at 65 I find the car feels as though it's quite fast.
On my recent return journey from the south coast for the last 60 miles I had plenty in reserve so upped my ACC to 70 and it was amusing to slowly pass so many cars that must have also set their cruise to 70.

I agree, the digital speedo is very accurate. The analogue one reads around 3 mph more. I wish it had about 100 mph as it’s top reading though and not the ridiculous 150 mph. I’d like to read 60-70 at the 12 o’clock position rather than at 8 o’clock. A minor gripe but it seems most manufacturers do it. As it stands the clock reaches less than half way round its permitted distance at the max speed allowed on uk roads.

I agree, the digital speedo is very accurate. The analogue one reads around 3 mph more. I wish it had about 100 mph as it’s top reading though and not the ridiculous 150 mph. I’d like to read 60-70 at the 12 o’clock position rather than at 8 o’clock. A minor gripe but it seems most manufacturers do it. As it stands the clock reaches less than half way round its permitted distance at the max speed allowed on uk roads.
Good about the Speedo as I’ve got 3points for doing 82mph on the A27 between Havant and Chichester 😳😳 in my Kia
The hardest part along that stretch is dodging potholes 👿👿👿👿

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom