Had the car for nearly a week....

shawncullen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
And loving it. Seriously. It’s going to be so cost effective compared to my other vehicles.
One query I have. Yesterday morning I got in the car and when I turned it on the battery light was illuminated and 12v showing half full. Wouldn’t start. Turned car off, and on again and hey presto it worked. Not overly concerned but was surprised as the day before my wife had used the car to do a commute of 50 miles total on the M4, charging I assume the 12v at the same time. A one off or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance all.
Shawn

I've only had that once...months ago. Personally I put mine on charge every time I get back home, that seems to keep things OK. I've also done that for the last 5 years with my PHEV, again no ill effects.

Hi Shawn, welcome to the club. I have noticed that it is best to slowly and deliberately start the car, if you rush things it can get confused and weird things happen. Also, all Hybrids and EVs have potential issues with the 12v battery charge levels. Never sit in the car waiting with it in Accessory mode, it uses no real HV battery juice to be in “full on” mode.

Hi Shawn, welcome to the club. I have noticed that it is best to slowly and deliberately start the car, if you rush things it can get confused and weird things happen. Also, all Hybrids and EVs have potential issues with the 12v battery charge levels. Never sit in the car waiting with it in Accessory mode, it uses no real HV battery juice to be in “full on” mode.
Hi, just picked mine up yesterday and was wondering about this. Is the car either on or off ? Where is accessory mode ? I was trying to listen to the radio while waiting for missus but in off mode nothing available, press start and it's in ready mode. What am I doing wrong ?

This is where people have run down the 12v battery always have it in ready mode this keeps the main battery charging the 12v so you can have the radio heating etc on with no problems

This is where people have run down the 12v battery always have it in ready mode this keeps the main battery charging the 12v so you can have the radio heating etc on with no problems
I haven't even sussed how you can have the radio on without it being in 'Ready'

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom