HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MG5 TODAY 30/03/2022

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all my car is a year old today 30/03/22 her she is have a little electron tipple this morning.
A681E1C3-EDC8-4EA4-9F82-3A4B323744F9.jpeg

So how’s it been in a word GREAT now with 11427 miles on the clock very happy with it, on Monday it was given a full valet (by me) not that it needed it really but for its birthday yeh why not.
Then on Tuesday it went to Chorley MG at Chorley for its first service and came back with a 100% clean bill of heath and on the service sheet it said battery SOH 100% plus a Morris the Bear in tow.

So how as it performed in the first 12 months well to be very honest only problem really as been with a very bad squealing from the rear brakes when reversing from my driveway first thing in the morning, it has been back to the dealer 3/4 times for this issue but it is still doing it albeit now more intermittently, and yesterday at service they said they had clean the brakes once again but added most EVs have this issue and they could fine nothing wrong with it !!

So what else after 11427 miles infotainment system as frozen a couple of times there’s a couple of very small stone chips on the bonnet and that’s it.
Performance these pictures of the dash where taken the day before the service as I thought the readings might get lost when the service was done as they did the re-call for the brake lights at the service so everything was reset.
B099B3D3-C355-4685-90A5-ED0D207E37EA.jpeg

So has you can see 11427 miles give 4.1mkwh over the whole year I have never reset any of the trips in the car and up until 10000 miles both trip counters read the same and then one of them reset itself to Zero that’s the top one showing 1422 miles don’t know why that was, anyhow 4.1 over 11427 miles all weathers is ok for me
4/5 days before this I did a short trip on mainly flat A/B roads keeping up with traffic at 16 degrees and it did 5.7 mkwh did read 5.9 at one stage.

CCB3697D-920E-4955-8B92-25468102C88A.jpeg
Last summer did quite a few 200 plus mile journeys on a full charge almost always drive in E1, now and again stick it into sport for a short blip just for the fun of it.
So happy Birthday to my MG5 looking forward to the next one ( unless something better comes along but I doubt it )
Les

Last edited:
The first (not accumulative) trip always resets itself on mine, the same as it did on my ZS EV before.
I'm a low mileage user and it seems to do it when the car has not been used for a while, although how long I do not know.
It even resets itself on a day out. I return to the car for the homeward journey and it has usually reset itself.

The first (not accumulative) trip always resets itself on mine, the same as it did on my ZS EV before.
I'm a low mileage user and it seems to do it when the car has not been used for a while, although how long I do not know.
It even resets itself on a day out. I return to the car for the homeward journey and it has usually reset itself.
Hi Gomev I think I’m sorry to say I have not made things clear on this I agree with you about the currant journey screen same as the last of my pictures above showing 5.7 mpkh and I have commented on this before I find this very annoying sometimes no what I ment was in the picture above that the accumulated screen at the very bottom of that you will see the to readings or 1422 and11427 now them two readings where almost the very same all the way to 10,000 miles and then one day the top one reset itself to Zero I have never reset this reading and don’t understand why it went back to Zero here’s a couple of older pictures I took from a while back in some other thread remembering I have never reset anything since I got the car I hope this makes things clearer please let me know
Thanks Les
E417D915-7E93-4D5F-8FC1-7436A2DFDFF1.jpeg34FF25C2-7AE2-4389-90DB-2C94F3FA64B7.jpeg

Hi Gomev I think I’m sorry to say I have not made things clear on this I agree with you about the currant journey screen same as the last of my pictures above showing 5.7 mpkh and I have commented on this before I find this very annoying sometimes no what I ment was in the picture above that the accumulated screen at the very bottom of that you will see the to readings or 1422 and11427 now them two readings where almost the very same all the way to 10,000 miles and then one day the top one reset itself to Zero I have never reset this reading and don’t understand why it went back to Zero here’s a couple of older pictures I took from a while back in some other thread remembering I have never reset anything since I got the car I hope this makes things clearer please let me know
Thanks Les
View attachment 7678View attachment 7679
Agree it's very annoying. I don't like the current trip resetting itself.

Hi all my car is a year old today 30/03/22 her she is have a little electron tipple this morning.
View attachment 7673
So how’s it been in a word GREAT now with 11427 miles on the clock very happy with it, on Monday it was given a full valet (by me) not that it needed it really but for its birthday yeh why not.
Then on Tuesday it went to Chorley MG at Chorley for its first service and came back with a 100% clean bill of heath and on the service sheet it said battery SOH 100% plus a Morris the Bear in tow.

So how as it performed in the first 12 months well to be very honest only problem really as been with a very bad squealing from the rear brakes when reversing from my driveway first thing in the morning, it has been back to the dealer 3/4 times for this issue but it is still doing it albeit now more intermittently, and yesterday at service they said they had clean the brakes once again but added most EVs have this issue and they could fine nothing wrong with it !!

So what else after 11427 miles infotainment system as frozen a couple of times there’s a couple of very small stone chips on the bonnet and that’s it.
Performance these pictures of the dash where taken the day before the service as I thought the readings might get lost when the service was done as they did the re-call for the brake lights at the service so everything was reset.
View attachment 7674
So has you can see 11427 miles give 4.1mkwh over the whole year I have never reset any of the trips in the car and up until 10000 miles both trip counters read the same and then one of them reset itself to Zero that’s the top one showing 1422 miles don’t know why that was, anyhow 4.1 over 11427 miles all weathers is ok for me
4/5 days before this I did a short trip on mainly flat A/B roads keeping up with traffic at 16 degrees and it did 5.7 mkwh did read 5.9 at one stage.

View attachment 7675Last summer did quite a few 200 plus mile journeys on a full charge almost always drive in E1, now and again stick it into sport for a short blip just for the fun of it.
So happy Birthday to my MG5 looking forward to the next one ( unless something better comes along but I doubt it )
Les
I suspect the accumulated total milage goes up to 9999miles. Same thing happened to mine.

Today had a good look underneath my one year old MG5, the first week I first had the car I borrowed a ramp for around 20/ 30 minutes at a local garage and had a good look around before the car had been driven more than 40 miles that was, the reason I did this is at the time there where a couple of videos on YouTube about rust on the MGZS so I took at look at my 5 when it came and they where parts that where untreated with any sign of under seal so I give them a coat of sealer myself.
Now I have not looked under it since until today and I’m very please to say there is not a sign of any rusting anywhere that can be seen without removing any plastic covers etc looks just as clean as it was after I did it last year so please with that.

One other thing that has I impressed me with the car, is the wheels, maybe it’s because I try not to do much hard braking by using regen as much as I can by anticipating the road ahead how clean do they keep, sometimes on my last ICE car I had it would take ages to clean the wheels thick in brake dust if left over a week or so but not my 5 quick wash job done
Les

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom