Happy New Year and Farewell.

Khingers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and new year celebration.

Just called my dealer and my ZS is still TBA, with no firm date for delivery, I ordered last January. I was told that any new order for a ZS EV have a lead time of 18 months!.

My previous car was a lease and went back Aug '21. and I have been driving the wife's car since.

I've decided to go for an 'in stock' lease of a Nissan Qashqai Auto. Ordered today and it's being delivered in 3 weeks.

Hopefully, sometime in the future I maybe back on this forum.

For those of you patiently waiting, I wish you all the best and fingers crossed you will get your car soon.

Babs

Hi All,

Just called my dealer and my ZS is still TBA, with no firm date for delivery, I ordered last January. I was told that any new order for a ZS EV have a lead time of 18 months!.

My previous car was a lease and went back Aug '21. and I have been driving the wife's car since.

I've decided to go for an 'in stock' lease of a Nissan Qashqai Auto. Ordered today and it's being delivered in 3 weeks.

For those of you patiently waiting, I wish you all the best and fingers crossed you will get your car soon.

Babs
It's a real shame that you have not received your car yet ???.
Is my understand correct here Bab's did you order the car in January 2022.
If correct, I really can't understand why the car is STILL - TBA to be totally honest ?.
That's assuming they placed your order, when you thought they had placed it, or even at ALL !.
Oh ........... The longer 18 month lead time for the ZS EV facelift, is for NEW orders placed from December 2022 and from this point !.

A year for MG to get their act together is unacceptable. Mind you others are not much better. And they have not had the component problems as MG.

Hi All,

Babs
All the best with your new car.

It's a real shame that you have not received your car yet ???.
Is my understand correct here Bab's did you order the car in January 2022.
If correct, I really can't understand why the car is STILL - TBA to be totally honest ?.
That's assuming they placed your order, when you thought they had placed it, or even at ALL !.
Oh ........... The longer 18 month lead time for the ZS EV facelift, is for NEW orders placed from December 2022 and from this point !.
Double checked and the system order was placed 1st week of Feb. TBH I've had mix feelings about running an electric car.

I am in a position where I have to rely on 'on-street' charging. The ratio of cost of charge to mileage at the current rates doesn't make economical sense

I had an 800 mile journey over 4 days during xmas and filled up @ £1.36 (Costco). Filled up twice, the car travelled 550 miles on £65 worth of petrol on one 1 tank of fuel. The ease of refueling in 5-10 mins and not having any anxiety/planning on finding a charger was a major factor in pushing me to cancel and not hold on.

I will definitely come back, hopefully the wait will not be so excruciating long!

Double checked and the system order was placed 1st week of Feb. TBH I've had mix feelings about running an electric car.

I am in a position where I have to rely on 'on-street' charging. The ratio of cost of charge to mileage at the current rates doesn't make economical sense

I had an 800 mile journey over 4 days during xmas and filled up @ £1.36 (Costco). Filled up twice, the car travelled 550 miles on £65 worth of petrol on one 1 tank of fuel. The ease of refueling in 5-10 mins and not having any anxiety/planning on finding a charger was a major factor in pushing me to cancel and not hold on.

I will definitely come back, hopefully the wait will not be so excruciating long!
There’s not much difference in cost between Public charging v an economical ICE so in your position I don’t blame you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom