Hard to see MG5s

mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Not being funny, but I don't think I have seen, or recognised, an MG5 on the road, certainly here in South Wales.

MG ZS's are very popular, mainly petrol ones, you see them every time you drive, ...

But not the 5's....

Odd...

There are a few around Southampton and on my commute to Petersfield I see one.
Was on holiday around Cirencester and saw a few.

Oddly more than any other the HS is really popular right now, more so in Scotland. I haven’t seen than many 5 or ZS otherwise.

Becoming quite a common(ish) sight round these parts, another #teamblue parked almost next to me in Aldi yesterday. :)

I take my wife to Pilates on a Monday morning, quite often there is a another red MG5 in the car park when we arrive.

Passed a blue one in the road leading up to our village hall Thursday. A red one was having fun trying to get the charge point working some months ago in the local Asda car park.

Even so, a bit thin on the ground.

Not being funny, but I don't think I have seen, or recognised, an MG5 on the road, certainly here in South Wales.

MG ZS's are very popular, mainly petrol ones, you see them every time you drive, ...

But not the 5's....

Odd...
I have one, and there are 3 to my knowledge being used as taxis, plus at least one more here on the Isle of Wight. Plus as you say plenty of ZS's. There are 2 dealers and I don't think they can get supplies at the moment. At least one of the dealers has an empty showroom, apart form a hybrid(?) HS and a petrol ZS I think. The salesman is not optimistic of getting more till next year!

edit: Make that 4 taxis...... and a couple of private owners...

Last edited:
Just picked up my 5EV last week, (not sure if it’s classed as cosmic silver or Hampstead Grey!), so will be around the Forest of Dean area not far from Chepstow!
Westminster Silver..

I've seen a couple here in Chelmsford, including a team black who passed me as I was parked outside of the Tesco express near me. I could see him eyeing me in his rear view but I was preoccupied on a phone call and didn't think to wave :)

I've only seen a couple of the ZS EVs and I thought I'd see loads of them.

But not the 5's....

Odd...
Keep watching, for the money they are good value. There are 2 others in the next 2 streets from me. I think the suv style is always going to be a popular choice for many. I’m nudging 9k miles in my std range EV5 and had no issues at all. Exceeded all my expectations

I‘m based in Godmanchester, Cambridge and drive a blue MG5. There’s a few ICE MGs here and I have seen an MG EV parked locally. Also sen a couple of MG5s when travelling between here and Bedfordshire.

I have one, and there are 3 to my knowledge being used as taxis, plus at least one more here on the Isle of Wight. Plus as you say plenty of ZS's. There are 2 dealers and I don't think they can get supplies at the moment. At least one of the dealers has an empty showroom, apart form a hybrid(?) HS and a petrol ZS I think. The salesman is not optimistic of getting more till next year!

edit: Make that 4 taxis...... and a couple of private owners...
Ha ha, surprised you have any EV’s on the Island - I was intending to take a holiday there until I looked on Zap Map for chargers and they mostly appear to be out of service, so I changed my plans. In fact the most reliable charger appears to be a very helpful islander that offers the use of his private charger to visitors - Maybe it’s you🤭

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom