Hard to see MG5s

In the 5 months I've had my 5 I can say I've only seen 4 others on the road. Yes quite a few more ZS's about though.

Hi
I live in West Wales and have seen three different MG5s on the same day! (that also excludes the one I drive). So if you can`t find any in South Wales visit Ceridigion and go MG5 EV spotting !
The MG5 EV makes a great car to own if you are fortunate enought to have a driveway and your own charger point. Warning not lots of charging points in west wales but improving. (new Chargers in the car park at Poppit Sands look handy)

Hi
I live in West Wales and have seen three different MG5s on the same day! (that also excludes the one I drive). So if you can`t find any in South Wales visit Ceridigion and go MG5 EV spotting !
The MG5 EV makes a great car to own if you are fortunate enought to have a driveway and your own charger point. Warning not lots of charging points in west wales but improving. (new Chargers in the car park at Poppit Sands look handy)
This has been our experience so far, we're here on holiday. Luckily our rented cottage has a charger, if not I think I'd be struggling.

Have a good holiday
I have to say in over a years ownership I have never bothered to use any charger except the one at home !!! I am luckly living here as its like being on holiday every day!
The last few months I have been running on 90% sunshine due to solarpanels and Zappi2 in eco mode which works out at about 1.3 p per mile !!

Not being funny, but I don't think I have seen, or recognised, an MG5 on the road, certainly here in South Wales.

MG ZS's are very popular, mainly petrol ones, you see them every time you drive, ...

But not the 5's....

Odd...
I see one every day. If not on the road, then on my driveway.
45D3DDF0-8157-4660-AD1D-4887C33AE8C9.jpeg

This has been our experience so far, we're here on holiday. Luckily our rented cottage has a charger, if not I think I'd be struggling.
we are moving to the Isle of White where the charging infrastructure is not great, we visited the fast charger closest to where we intend to live (Shanklin) which is sited within Morrisons only to find it Wes out of order, when enquiring we were told it had been out of action for 9 MONTHS waiting for parts.
I currently have a home charger but moving to an apartment without so this is a concern, fortunately I understand the Island council is due to invest in fast changing by the end of the year.
As we are retiring and our mileage will be quite low I don’t anticipate this being a problem 🤞

Not being funny, but I don't think I have seen, or recognised, an MG5 on the road, certainly here in South Wales.

MG ZS's are very popular, mainly petrol ones, you see them every time you drive, ...

But not the 5's....

Odd...
Is there good enough charging infrastructure in the area? Do people have chance of getting home chargers (off road parking)? Do the councils do good financial incentives? Do people need to do more things with their cars like towing a caravan? Throw in the cost of living crisis and it shows that take up of full electric vehicles is geographically patchy all over the UK.

we are moving to the Isle of White where the charging infrastructure is not great, we visited the fast charger closest to where we intend to live (Shanklin) which is sited within Morrisons only to find it Wes out of order, when enquiring we were told it had been out of action for 9 MONTHS waiting for parts.
I currently have a home charger but moving to an apartment without so this is a concern, fortunately I understand the Island council is due to invest in fast changing by the end of the year.
As we are retiring and our mileage will be quite low I don’t anticipate this being a problem 🤞
What about Tescos Ryde or Asda/Sainsbury's in Newport ?
I know they’re a drive away but if you’re going shopping there .
I'm lucky in Gosport as I have a drive and Asda and Tescos have charge points

Is there good enough charging infrastructure in the area? Do people have chance of getting home chargers (off road parking)? Do the councils do good financial incentives? Do people need to do more things with their cars like towing a caravan? Throw in the cost of living crisis and it shows that take up of full electric vehicles is geographically patchy all over the UK.
Me and my 5 have been out and about in the Forest of Dean today!

Attachments

• 2FF99FAB-CE3E-44D8-86F1-EFEC9FD27210.jpeg
    2FF99FAB-CE3E-44D8-86F1-EFEC9FD27210.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 74
What about Tescos Ryde or Asda/Sainsbury's in Newport ?
I know they’re a drive away but if you’re going shopping there .
I'm lucky in Gosport as I have a drive and Asda and Tescos have charge points
Yes, the Tesco’s have Podpoints and there are others when they’re working so no real problem, I’ve ordered a MG4 and hoping to get the LR, so will probably only need charging a couple of times each month,
enjoy your MG5, did you order it from Richmond MG?

Yes, the Tesco’s have Podpoints and there are others when they’re working so no real problem, I’ve ordered a MG4 and hoping to get the LR, so will probably only need charging a couple of times each month,
enjoy your MG5, did you order it from Richmond MG?
Yep the Portsmouth branch as the finance rate could not be beat @3.5% , I’m either getting a Westminster silver exclusive (pre order one ) or the demo if they sell it ,
I’m lucky that my Kia Ceed is only 3.5 years old so no great rush rush

Yep the Portsmouth branch as the finance rate could not be beat @3.5% , I’m either getting a Westminster silver exclusive (pre order one ) or the demo if they sell it ,
I’m lucky that my Kia Ceed is only 3.5 years old so no great rush rush
My cancelled order MG5 LR Exclusive (Westminster Silver) picked up last week. Loving it so far!

Attachments

• E40DBA0B-6EE9-4C14-92D4-7AB1752BBE37.jpeg
    E40DBA0B-6EE9-4C14-92D4-7AB1752BBE37.jpeg
    780 KB · Views: 62
My cancelled order MG5 LR Exclusive (Westminster Silver) picked up last week. Loving it so far!
Great stuff! Nice car, I’ve dealt with Richmond Portsmouth for years, ordered my MG4 from them, the young Lady ( I won’t give her name) couldn’t be more helpful, really looking forward to it, this will be my 5th MG now,

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom