Hard to see MG5s

i managed to completely blank a fellow MG5 driver (same colour as mine as well!) in Amberly car park as i busy was sorting the kids, only clocked them leaving the carpark just before me. felt bad about that one!

the only other times i havent waved is when i thought the oncoming car was a VW Passat until it was too close :D
Ha yes I do that, the Passat drivers must think I'm potty... I had a Passat before I got the MG, in a similar colour. Had my MG5 for 6 weeks and most people haven't even noticed I have a new car :)

So on my 1 week trip I saw one matching MG5 at the McDonalds charger just outside Oswestry (Oswestry itself was a bit of a disaster area for charging) and had a nice chat with the driver, who had just switched from an Ioniq, I think. We saw another 3 during the trip, one black taxi and two white Excites.
I was grateful for the charger at the cottage as we were in the middle of Snowdonia which is occupied by a few 7k chargers and not much else. We charged once on Anglesey, and at the Tallylyn Railway (7k Project EV chargers right next to the track, free to use but they're a charity so don't be a cheapskate, and donate the cost!). But apart from that everywhere we went that had chargers they were all out of action.
Coming back I was a lot more confident, although when we stopped for a fast top up at Rugby services half of the Gridserve units were out of action. They were working fine the week before, maybe they'd all been struck by lightning or something 🤷‍♂️. Chucked 20 minutes of charge in at 89kW/h and had plenty to get home.

Keep watching, for the money they are good value. There are 2 others in the next 2 streets from me. I think the suv style is always going to be a popular choice for many. I’m nudging 9k miles in my std range EV5 and had no issues at all. Exceeded all my expectations
Update, just been to London for a family break, there are dozens of EV5,s of all colours roaming the streets. Reviews I read all commented on how ugly the car is, I like it, I think it looks smart. I’ve not seen the new version anywhere yet.

Wow, I saw my first MG5 in Hay on Wye last week. I was on holiday there, going to a rapid charger, and there was an MG5 driven by a Electrician repairing the charger. Have to say it looked very good...

Own up who’s got the white MG5 with a HY22 plt I saw at Colden common roundabout @ 1:30 this afternoon 30/8/22 heading north towards the M3 Winchester I was in the Blue DAF with the Blue trailer heading the other way

Own up who’s got the white MG5 with a HY22 plt I saw at Colden common roundabout @ 1:30 this afternoon 30/8/22 heading north towards the M3 Winchester I was in the Blue DAF with the Blue trailer heading the other way
Not me guv....... 😂

I saw my first mk2 ZS EV in the wild today. 22 plate white one in Chelmsford. The number of MG5s I've seen around outnumbers the mk.2 ZS by 4 to 1.

There’s myself and another blue around Abergavenny (I’m regularly in Neath and cardiff to) see a few about but by no means common.

I saw a silver MG5 in west brom today, come past me like a bat out of hell down a dual carriageway.
If you're on here,:unsure: then going round the island to get out in front for the straight over turn didn't work out faster.

Finally a MG5 driver acknowledged my hand up gesture.

Was it you in a blue MG5 on the road outside new bingley hall, handsworth? :unsure:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom