Has anyone actually had their sunroof noise fixed? What was done?

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s quite a few posts about sunroof rattle/creaks on the ZS - I also have a rattly sunroof. I wondered if anyone has actually had the issue rectified and what was done to cure it?

I have heard that the drain pipe at all corners can come undone and rattle, but obviously you would have some water ingress with that! (On the panoramic sunroof)
If you are feeling brave you can easily pull down the roof lining to have a look at what is rattling. It’s held up around the panoramic sun roof with a few clips and Velcro, you just have to put some big boy pants on to do it. Lol.

I have heard that the drain pipe at all corners can come undone and rattle, but obviously you would have some water ingress with that! (On the panoramic sunroof)
If you are feeling brave you can easily pull down the roof lining to have a look at what is rattling. It’s held up around the panoramic sun roof with a few clips and Velcro, you just have to put some big boy pants on to do it. Lol.
Have you had your roof lining down?

Have you had your roof lining down?
Only around the center roof console, to connect some led strip to the curtesy light, I put the strip around the sunroof to improve the light at night in the back of the car so I can actually see those stupid straps they have for toddler seats.

I’ve had screeching from my sunroof when I’ve opened it on a hot day. I just put silicon grease into the runners both sides. I’ve ran it back and forward a few times since and it’s quiet again.

There’s quite a few posts about sunroof rattle/creaks on the ZS - I also have a rattly sunroof. I wondered if anyone has actually had the issue rectified and what was done to cure it?
I have a noisy sunroof but not too bad and plan hopefully to get it fixed come the November 1st service

I had some creaking from the left hand side above the rear passenger's head.
I think it might have been from the aftermarket dashcam cable.
I bought some wd40 dry lube aerosol. I retracted the sun screen, then sprayed liberal amounts into the space. The stuff stinks and is very bad your lungs, so let the car ventilate well for a good few hours.
The creaking stopped soon after.

This is the stuff. Please read the warnings!
https:/ /amzn.to /37KmG0o

Last edited:
I noticed today that with the roof open if I grasp the moveable part of the glass and move up and down I get the noise I’m hearing. No idea still what it is! I’ve silicon sprayed again but I don‘t think that will help.

I had some creaking from the left hand side above the rear passenger's head.
I think it might have been from the aftermarket dashcam cable.
I bought some wd40 dry lube aerosol. I retracted the sun screen, then sprayed liberal amounts into the space. The stuff stinks and is very bad your lungs, so let the car ventilate well for a good few hours.
The creaking stopped soon after.

This is the stuff. Please read the warnings!
https:/ /amzn.to /37KmG0o
Can you take a pic of where you sprayed please?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom