Has anyone tinted the sunroof?

The front windows and windshield is tinted with 30% the rest is darker with 70% tint. So nothing extreme, just so I can save on the sun-lotion and ice-creams for the family😁
How do you find the tinted windshield? Any pics?

How do you find the tinted windshield? Any pics?
The window got tinted by a tinter, but I would like to find one that is tinted from the factory, because I got hit by a stone last week. If I don't find one that has a degree of tinting then maybe I will get the new windshield tinted by the the same tinter before installation.

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_151130.jpg
    IMG_20210308_151130.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20210308_151121.jpg
    IMG_20210308_151121.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 218
The window got tinted by a tinter, but I would like to find one that is tinted from the factory, because I got hit by a stone last week. If I don't find one that has a degree of tinting then maybe I will get the new windshield tinted by the the same tinter before installation.
Can you see much difference with the full windshield tint? I've seen it advertised and seen cars with chameleon windshield tints:

Attachments

• 7221137729567906677248464569682986324197376o_0_o.jpg
    7221137729567906677248464569682986324197376o_0_o.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 377
I meant do you find the tint makes much difference to comfort?
Yes it has helped a lot. And I am not going to live without any tint if and when the damaged one is going to be replaced. On the windshield I opted to have the best one fitted, because it is a difficult job to do for the tinter. The front windows is having the same kind of 70% light comming through. But the XPEL PRIME XR PLUS on the windshield is in a different class. I can highly recommend that one, it's pricy but you can really feel a difference compared to the cheaper ones.

Why would you ? It is already tinted and has a UV filter And you do have blind as well. The windows I can understand, the panoramic roof is the only piece of glass on the car that is already tinted and has a UV filter.

Tinting the sunroof can provide a lot of benefits, including reducing heat and glare and increasing privacy. I think getting your windows and sunroof tinted for a more stylish look is a great idea. Have you considered the type of tint you would like to use for your sunroof? Different types of tint films are available, each with pros and cons. You can also install sun shades for car as an option. Don't forget to update and share the details!

Last edited:
No, Tinting shop recommended against it an in fact wont do it due to risk of damage to the sunroof, apparently different glass make-up. Mention it in my video here:

My tinter would do the sunroof but didn't recommend it as it wouldn't affect heat more than the sunshade

Got sunburned on my face while on a longer the other day, does the windscreen strip make a difference? Does it affect dashcam performance?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom