Headlight bulbs

So far I have found the lights at night good better then my MG3 and didn't dazzle oncoming drivers lol and saves all the problems of changing light bulbs lol
Yeah I'm the same... I was expecting them to be atrocious after reading pretty much universal condemnation on here, but I'm pleasantly surprised by them... I mean, they're not like the Supernovae that I had on my X1, but they're certainly not as terrible as the 15 year old Avensis I just chopped in for my MG5.... I'm not changing them!

M
Yeah I'm the same... I was expecting them to be atrocious after reading pretty much universal condemnation on here, but I'm pleasantly surprised by them... I mean, they're not like the Supernovae that I had on my X1, but they're certainly not as terrible as the 15 year old Avensis I just chopped in for my MG5.... I'm not changing them!
me too mines fine
Les

It seems a bit subjective - based on previous experience & maybe even how good everyone's night vision is.

I came from reflector lights with 150% brighter H7 bulbs, I thought he standard bulbs in MG5 were poor. Now upgraded the bulbs but I think the projectors feel a bit 'narrow' compared to previous reflector units - again, probably just a subjective thing 🤷‍♂️

You are probably right biffo a subjective thing but was driving home last night and were very happy with the mg5 lights even the auto main beam never experienced that before tool a little time to adjust to let them work and not manually move the lever 🙂

You are probably right biffo a subjective thing but was driving home last night and were very happy with the mg5 lights even the auto main beam never experienced that before tool a little time to adjust to let them work and not manually move the lever 🙂
I turned off the auto main beam - a couple of times when I tried to flash other cars, the main beam went on permanently and I didn't have time (or enough interest) to figure out the how's & why's. I mainly do suburban driving so not proven enough of an issue yet to revisit.

I DO miss the adaptive lighting in the X1 though. Lighting up the corners as you go around them. I didn't think I noticed it until I found myself looking into the darkness of a corner when driving my MG5 when before in the X1 it was lit! Small compromises really.

I'm tempted to fit a set of driving/fog lights from AliExpress that would act as an additional set of DRL just to add more low level width to the lights for cornering, etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom