Headlight bulbs

Hi Severnless
What LED Bulbs did you fit to your MG5? Any problem with fitting?
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey
aye up Terry
Fitted these (Linky), very easy to fit. Hardest part is to remove the plastic cover of the (electric) engine bay.
just be aware that they may fail an mot (tester dependant) and they are classed as illegal.

Downloaded the manual on the 6th Dec just to pre read before the delivery today.

Two obvious differences (I am sure there are more) are 1 the paper manual has no back pages index and 2 the roof rails are listed as supporting 75kg max load. This 2nd item is in the manual and not an addendum.

Downloaded the manual on the 6th Dec just to pre read before the delivery today.

Two obvious differences (I am sure there are more) are 1 the paper manual has no back pages index and 2 the roof rails are listed as supporting 75kg max load. This 2nd item is in the manual and not an addendum.
The manual on the MG UK website for the MG5 is not the one for the Long Range. Unless it explicitly mentions MG Pilot features such as ACC, LKA, etc

In order to produce the whiter light the filament has to heat to a much higher temperature. Material science has produce metals that can do this but it is not unlikely that it is also more fragile. The blue tint to the glass also filters out stray red end light but at the expense of raising the temperature in the envelope.

I am just a little bit puzzled why these may or may not affect the SOC ?????.
Looking at the book, the HV can charge the 12v even in the off mode.
1644585905775.png

Looking at the book, the HV can charge the 12v even in the off mode.
View attachment 6899
Regarding the ZS EV ( Gen1 ) the 12 volt battery is only receiving a charge from the HV pack, when the car is in the fully booted ( READY ) mode.
If you leave your foot off the footbrake and press the start button, the car will give you a warning message that informs you that the battery is not being charged.
You can see this on the 12 volt battery gauge in the dash panel.
It will report around 12 volts battery state, if you then apply pressure to the footbrake and hit the “Start” button again ( READY ) state, you will see the 12 volt battery gauge increase to around 14-15 volts,
If you are sitting in the car with 12 volt items running, I would strongly suggest having the car in the READY mode.
Otherwise you could run the 12 volt battery down to a state, when it will not boot up the car.

The MG5 (what we're talking about here in the MG5 section) does have this feature as mentioned above. Whether it works or not remains to be seen as a few have still ended up with flat 12v batteries.

I just need to work out how to remove the plastic engine bay cover without damaging it. Nothing on YouTube yet.
You just unscrew all the black plastic fittings on the edges and center of the entire engine bay cover. You don't remove the screw part all the way... just out enough that you can use a flat screwdriver to gently pry out the rest of the clip, or pull up on the panel itself. The headlight bulbs are behind the black rubber pop off covers

You just unscrew all the black plastic fittings on the edges and center of the entire engine bay cover. You don't remove the screw part all the way... just out enough that you can use a flat screwdriver to gently pry out the rest of the clip, or pull up on the panel itself. The headlight bulbs are behind the black rubber pop off covers
That’s the easy part putting the bulbs back in that’s when the fun begins

Having spent 15-20 minutes in the cold and damp, I can't budge those rubber covers. My new bulbs will have to wait until it warms up and I can get a damn grip on it.

Noticed the fuse box cover still had some protective factory film on it. Guess that was missed during the pdi.

Having spent 15-20 minutes in the cold and damp, I can't budge those rubber covers. My new bulbs will have to wait until it warms up and I can get a damn grip on it.

Noticed the fuse box cover still had some protective factory film on it. Guess that was missed during the pdi.
My fuse box also has the clear plastic cover on

The manual says twist, but I'm wondering if that's incorrect information and the rubber caps pull off?

Have you looked at the how-to I produced?

Have you looked at the how-to I produced?

Thanks, that was the thread I was looking for. I foolishly read the manual that clearly tells you to rotate the rubber caps counter-clockwise to remove them, quite clearly you just need to pull them off. It was sub 5c out so I'm guessing I'll have better luck on a warmer dry day armed in the knowledge I need to actually pull them!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom