Headlights: facelift versus original

benb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can anyone tell me if the headlights on the facelift MG ZS are brighter then the mg ev exclusive that I currently drive - car is great but I find the lights are not great for night driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a few of the video I have seen, the headlight output at night, has massively improved.
You can actually see that the light that is projected, is now a bright white colour and not that weak yellow colour, of the original headlights with the factory standard lamps ( bulbs ).
As we know, the head lights in the original ZS EV can be improved a lot, by switching out the lamps.
But I would imagine that the LED's in the face lift model, will be a huge improvement.

Thank you for the comments
Take a look at this review of the ZS EV face lift in terrible weather conditions !.
You can clearly see, how the head lights have improved.
If you fast forward to 34.30 and watch from here, you will quickly hear "Ben" remark on how good he think the new LED lights are now !.
While taking a brief 30min test drive a few weeks ago, the conditions where poor.
I flashed the head lights to let somebody through, straight away I noticed the difference in the power of the LED head lights.
It did take me back to my previous VW that was fitted with LED head lights.
Although I have not driven at night in the new model, I have no concerns over the LED's in the face lift model, I think they are going to be just as good as my previous VW.
I don't carry out as much night driving now as I use too, but if I did, I would find the original yellow head lights very hard to live with.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for the comment. Tbh I don’t drive much at night but when I do I notice the ‘ yellow’ of the lights just are not as bright as others.

Thank you for the comment. Tbh I don’t drive much at night but when I do I notice the ‘ yellow’ of the lights just are not as bright as others.
Community Reaction GIF

So embarrassing
I kind of agree with you. I wish that all cars were restricted to halogen headlights, however, whilst ever there are cars allowed to run with dazzling mini encapsulated stars masquerading as headlights we are, unfortunately, locked into this arms race. A race I do not want to lose for the safety of my family

I kind of agree with you. I wish that all cars were restricted to halogen headlights, however, whilst ever there are cars allowed to run with dazzling mini encapsulated stars masquerading as headlights we are, unfortunately, locked into this arms race. A race I do not want to lose for the safety of my family
I don't find bright lights a problem, just the misaligned ones. :cool:

I don't find bright lights a problem, just the misaligned ones. :cool:
Yes, that might be the underlying cause but but it still doesn't change the fact that a misaligned LED is much worse than a misaligned halogen.

When driving the Cheshire B roads my night vision is constantly being compromised and it is usually the same Range Rovers or German marques doing it. My only option is to get brighter lights in the hope I don't need to rely on night vision so much.

Yes, that might be the underlying cause but but it still doesn't change the fact that a misaligned LED is much worse than a misaligned halogen.

When driving the Cheshire B roads my night vision is constantly being compromised and it is usually the same Range Rovers or German marques doing it. My only option is to get brighter lights in the hope I don't need to rely on night vision so much.
You shouldn't really be wearing night vision goggles whilst driving. :LOL:
Virtual Reality Vr GIF by Disturbed

Own a v1 ZS E. I think there is a fashionable need to have LED lights. Speed limits haven’t changed in my 40 years of driving (never crashed into anything at night). The lights do me fine at 70mph on motorways and 60 on A & B country roads. 🤷‍♂️

MG here in India quietly released LED bulbs for their headlights. I got to know about it through another MG owner on a forum here.
I went to the dealer and got them upgraded (posting
96497E41-B904-4915-8455-1578C46E75C3.jpeg
611EF812-808D-452A-AD47-8F1804BFB627.jpeg
a picture here) and they made a world of a difference over the Osram Nightbreakers that got installed by MG a couple of months ago.
Since it’s an original MG accessory, I am sure it will be available elsewhere real soon!

Can anyone tell me if the headlights on the facelift mg mz are brighter then the mg ev exclusive that I currently drive - car is great but I find the lights are not great for night driving.
new mgzs ev have led headlights as standard now and rears

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom