Headlights

Lovemyev is right, it does depend what you're used to. the lights aren't as good as many current cars but are probably a lot better than the ones I started with 30-40 years ago. Trouble is we've got used to better lights and it's hard to go backwards. The MG5 lights are similar to my wife's 2018 Zoe but I will probably change when they fail. I'll also change the Zoe lights when they fail. Given that we are going into the lighter nights I won't rush though - I'll just aim to get both done before the winter.

Hi All
am about to change bulbs headlight which of following is OK
Osram H3 Night breaker Laser 12v 55W 150% Generation2 (pair)
Osram HB3/9005 Night Breaker Laser 12V 60W Next generation 150%

and possibly no
Osram DS3 Night Breaker Laser XENARC 200%

Your thoughts would be welcome
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

Hi All

and possibly no

Kind Regards
Terry Bailey
I don’t think H3 will fit. No idea about DS. HB3/9005 is the bulb base type that you need.

Hi All

and possibly no

Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

Is what you need to replace them with, I’d not recommend other two.
Cheers

Anyone else have a problem with the dazzling effect from large road signs when very bright upgraded bulbs are used?
Obviously not a problem with standard MG headlamps but I have had to switch to dipped beams on works car when approaching large reflective signs.

Yes - I’ve had this. Not on my MG but on other cars with bright headlamps.

Anyone else have a problem with the dazzling effect from large road signs when very bright upgraded bulbs are used?
Obviously not a problem with standard MG headlamps but I have had to switch to dipped beams on works car when approaching large reflective signs.
Would suggest that the lights are not adjusted properly.

I think Iain is referring to main beam reflecting off some road signs. That’s certainly what my response was talking about.

Brighter the bulb shorter the life.... I’m sticking with stick bulbs for easy life..... will see whether I need to change it next winter

Before I got my MG5 I was worried and nearly bough them based on people's concerns. Personally I think they're fine, I can't see any problem with them... or can see... as they're bright enough :)

Before I got my MG5 I was worried and nearly bough them based on people's concerns. Personally I think they're fine, I can't see any problem with them... or can see... as they're bright enough :)
They're better than the standard ZS HB3LL bubs, LL meaning Long Life, so duller (lower temperature burning) filament.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom