Headlights

thefunkystoat

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Car went in to garage yesterday as it still fails to distinguish between night and day, meaning the main headlights are always on. The garage have tested everything but can find no fault. We now await a response from mg in china. Fingers crossed.

I've seen my lights come on in a dark tunnel so know they work there, hope yours get sorted for you.

Car went in to garage yesterday as it still fails to distinguish between night and day, meaning the main headlights are always on. The garage have tested everything but can find no fault. We now await a response from mg in china. Fingers crossed.
Try shining a decent torch into the dome-shaped sensor on the dashboard and see if the lights go off. It may provide a clue if they extinguish - like the threshold is incorrect?

It sounds like a faulty sensor to me.

Sounds like the garage will have already tested this.

It is back home. No fault showing under testing but MG are shipping a replacement part (presumably a new sensor) to be fitted once it has flown its way over here. Mangoletsi were superb as always and worked hard to get answers from mg despite the time differences.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom