Heads up, tyre wear.

5teep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I had a puncture today (rear tyre), the lease company sent out a recovery vehicle rather than try to fix it on the roadside. As the driver was taking my car off the vehicle he noticed the inside edge of the good rear tyre was very worn, on checking the flat tyre it was the same.
He pointed out (and it's obvious when you see it) that the rear wheels angle inwards at the top. This might be because my car carries a load in the back all the time and added to the battery maybe it's too much though the car does not sit low, or maybe my suspension has a problem.

Anyway, upshot is, 2 new tyres on the back required and a suspension check in the garage.

So next time you go out to your MG5 have a good look at that inner edge and see if the tyres are vertical or leaning. Could save you some issues down the line.

A friend had the same thing on his VW Passat, apparently underinflation of the tyres was the cause as he didn't add pressure for the extra load he carried. Might be worth upping the pressure a bit more if you're always loaded.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom