Heated rear window problems šŸ™ˆ

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone elseā€™s rear Heated window not clearing? Mine is leaving about 5 lines at the bottom misted, clearly the elements are not working? I havenā€™t looked as I keep forgetting šŸ¤”

Anyone elseā€™s rear Heated window not clearing? Mine is leaving about 5 lines at the bottom misted, clearly the elements are not working? I havenā€™t looked as I keep forgetting šŸ¤”
Hi Stuart yeh mines same as yours thereā€™s a few threads running on this the latest one was started by Davet on Saturday last week heā€™s I believe been in contact with his dealer and he wrote this below in that thread.

Davet

Standard Member​

JoinedOct 12, 2021Messages4Reaction score3Points3 DurhamDrivingMG5 EV
I've had my mg5 short rang for about a month and have noticed the rear heated windscreen doesn't work on the bottom 3 lines. Initially the dealer's sticker was over them. I've contacted the dealership and they have removed the sticker and looked at the rest of the mg5 in stock which they bought at the same time as mine. There conclusion was they are all the same but they said they would contact MG to see if this was a faulty batch. The question is. Has all the MG 5s got this problem?

I do remember Stuart this being brought up in the forum last winter canā€™t recall where but it appears the bottom of the screen is the radio aerial.

My concern is the rear wiper blade getting damaged when the frost comes, anyhow have a read of the other thread that Davet started that I talked about above itā€™s entitled. MG5 Rear heated screen.
Take care
Les

Hi Stuart, as you will know there are several threads run on this issue and to day I have written to MG about it so I have placed a copy of my letter on the thread that Davet started and am doing the same on yours
Les

Hi Davet,/ stuwhit46 today I have written to MG head office to try and get to the bottom of this rear screen misting issue the reason being a few days ago a neighbour of mine who purchased his MG5 a week after having a drive in mine well he told me the other day he had been back to the dealer to have is brake lights update for regen and he asked them to check th3 rear screen was working ok while he was there after a few very cold and frosty mornings recently tell you what I will copy the letter here so you know whatā€™s been written you will see below I have taken 3 pictures but the contact form on MGs site wonā€™t take pictures so I have asked for a contact reference and email address to send them to but they will have my letter so hereā€™s the said letter
Now when you look at the pictures as your car got the same gaps in the line near the bottom my neighbour car and mine are identical plus I have seen others as well the same
Les

Dear sir/ madam

Iā€™m writing to ask for your opinion on an issue with the MG5 vehicle,my car is the exclusive model, and I am a seeing quite a few question being asked on the MGEV forum, off which I am a member, about the rear window heater on these cars, l and many offers I noticed that the screen heater does not appear to work very well and that the bottom half does not clear at all for quite a long time

This can and is at times a visibility hazard, reported by many owners and also in this now colder winter weather the rear wiper could quite easily be damaged if the screen is frozen and the rear wiper is operated which it can do when the fronts are switched on or when reversing.

A few weeks ago now a friend of mine took his car back to his dealer to ask about this issued of misting, and it was pointed out to him by the dealer that the screen appears to have been damaged in one off the lower lines in the screen and said to him that there was nothing they could do and the rear screen would have to be changed to cure it, the dealer pointed out to him where the marks he was calling damage to the screen where to him.

So heā€™s was telling me about his visit to the MG dealer, and I told him mine was just the same never clears at the bottom half, so we took a look at my car and mine had exactly the same marks in exactly the same place has his car has.

Since then I have looked at several MG5s and all have the same marks in exactly the same place on there rear screens.

Looking through our forums there are many question and comments concerning this issue, which is the reason I am writing to ask for your views.

Some have reported that the lower part of the screen is the radio antenna, others say their dealers where unable to offer a answer or solution to the misting and visibilityā€™s problems, or even what damage could occur to the rear wiper blade, arm, or even the motor for the rear wiper.

I have enclosed some pictures so you can see what I am asking your opinion upon, the white area in the rear screen is where these marks appear on all the cars I have look at

Thank you for you time in this matter and I trust you will Respond shortly

Yours sincerely

Mr Leslie Burrows

5FFA4702-AC8B-45D7-B7D2-94863B05CF23.jpeg

A8D8AD4A-502F-4DCE-99D1-3AEE539C98BD.jpeg

B9F00C65-A669-4D78-9134-1C4095BEFAE8.jpeg

Quote Reply
Report Edit

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel