Heater working, but only blowing cold air

Sparci

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The HVAC unit in my ZS EV is for some reason only blowing cold air out. Not sure what is causing this and has this happened to anyone else? I've not driven my ZS EV for a couple of weeks and I also notice a load of inside condensation as well in my vehicle. My car is first gen ZS EV, no real issues with it up to now, had it since Feb 2020. Any thoughts would be welcomed. I did try and seek out an existing thread on this issue in the forum, but could not find one.

Thanks

Hi,

The HVAC unit in my ZS EV is for some reason only blowing cold air out. Not sure what is causing this and has this happened to anyone else? I've not driven my ZS EV for a couple of weeks and I also notice a load of inside condensation as well in my vehicle. My car is first gen ZS EV, no real issues with it up to now, had it since Feb 2020. Any thoughts would be welcomed. I did try and seek out an existing thread on this issue in the forum, but could not find one.

Thanks
Have a read of No heating

Thanks, just had a look in that forum and will check the fuses etc today. I wonder if the level of condensation and the heater not producing any heat are connected. Was really surprised by the level of condensation in the car. Car is due its second service in a couple of weeks, so may just flag with garage ahead of scheduled service.

Thanks, just had a look in that forum and will check the fuses etc today. I wonder if the level of condensation and the heater not producing any heat are connected. Was really surprised by the level of condensation in the car. Car is due its second service in a couple of weeks, so may just flag with garage ahead of scheduled service.
A high level of condensation could indicate a leak of rain water into the vehicle, or more likely, a leak from the heating system.

A high level of condensation could indicate a leak of rain water into the vehicle, or more likely, a leak from the heating system.
There is no water in the cabin heating system, it’s a electrical element type resistor heater.
A bit like a home electric fire in a way 🤣.

There is no water in the cabin heating system, it’s a electrical element type resistor heater.
A bit like a home electric fire in a way 🤣.
I wasn't sure which system the MG ZS used. Some manufacturers use heat scavenging from the battery thermal management system to reduce the load on the heaters.

I had condensation when we first bought ours. I now run mine in normal mode A/C on all the time and no re-circulation haven't had an issue since and that is after 14 months of running my ZS

Hi,

Thanks
Hi Sparci

Picked up my car on 20/12/21 heater didn’t work day one spoke to a neighbour who has the exact same car and his was fine after half a dozen trips where the car was colder inside than outside called dealer told me to bring car in 12/1/22 and up today they still don’t know what wrong the car has been taken apartment and the engineer has called in one of MGs engineers to fix it if he can
Keeping fingers crossed

Hi Sparci

Picked up my car on 20/12/21 heater didn’t work day one spoke to a neighbour who has the exact same car and his was fine after half a dozen trips where the car was colder inside than outside called dealer told me to bring car in 12/1/22 and up today they still don’t know what wrong the car has been taken apartment and the engineer has called in one of MGs engineers to fix it if he can
Keeping fingers crossed
Thanks for your message. My car has been in the garage now for 2 days and they are still not sure what has caused the issue with the heater. There are as reference to an issue with the high voltage system. Drove a MG3 as a courtesy car for last couple of days - not a good car I have to say and if MG do bring out an EV version of that car (which is planned for Q4 of this year) it needs to be on a new platform and not the old Fiat Punto platform which I believe the current MG3 is based on

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom