Heating help please. :-)

LaraL

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

I am a new MG ZS EV owner and I love it. I have a small issues with the heating and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, if anybody else has found this or if it may be a fault.

When the heating is directed at the windscreen it heats up nicely and pretty quickly. However when I try to put the heating on my feet or face it blows out cool air. The inside of the car doesn't warm up at all, in fact its warmer with it off.

Can any of you more experienced owners let me know if this is normal?

Hi All,

I am a new MG ZS EV owner and I love it. I have a small issues with the heating and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, if anybody else has found this or if it may be a fault.

When the heating is directed at the windscreen it heats up nicely and pretty quickly. However when I try to put the heating on my feet or face it blows out cool air. The inside of the car doesn't warm up at all, in fact its warmer with it off.

Can any of you more experienced owners let me know if this is normal?
See the discussion about cold footwells - It appears to lack insulation.

I also had this - it definitely better with Normal mode on rather than Eco. But It also changes if you fiddle with all the different blower settings on the screen. I couldn't work out the combo but it eventually started blowing hot air. You also need the snowflake button on.

Definitely use Normal mode. You SHOULD find it get very warm very quickly - in fact, it can get too warm! I once drove for 20 minutes when we first had ice on the road in Eco mode and got no heat. Soon learnt my lesson! Let us know how it goes.

You also need the snowflake button on.

This is a confusing icon for the button to have if I've undertsood the manual properly! Isn't this the actual "aircon" button which when lit up means the aircon is active (regardless of hot or cold air)? Havinh a snowflake on it implies to me it's for cold air only...

Last edited:
This is a confusing icon for the button to have if I've undertsood the manual properly! Isn't this the actual "aircon" button which when lit up means the aircon is active (regardless of hot or cold air)? Havinh a snowflake on it implies to me it's for cold air only...
Yes it is a bit confusing but that's because we think of a/c as air cooling but it is in fact dehumidifying as well. This also helps with the problem of condensation that some people have experienced. I have learnt to keep it on when its cold and damp (or any day in UK), and not worry about the power used, and I can't even charge at home!

Yes it is a bit confusing but that's because we think of a/c as air cooling but it is in fact dehumidifying as well. This also helps with the problem of condensation that some people have experienced. I have learnt to keep it on when its cold and damp (or any day in UK), and not worry about the power used, and I can't even charge at home!
Exactly, AC is air conditioning, not cooling.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom