Heating while charging

notdodgy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am going to be sat in the car for around an hour Monday morning.
While mother in law gets the jab.
Car par has a charger. Can I plug in to charger (type2) and have heating on?

If yes, is there a particular order of doing things?

Hi Notdody, its a bit late now 01:08 and is case no other reply before you leave, I believe if its a fast charger all you have to do is after you plug in just put the car in the "ready" mode while its on charge and things will be okay. That should work if you can charge with the doors unlocked, if not sit in and lock the doors via the door lock.
Hope that helps.

Thanks.
Once I got the antique 16 amp charger to work. (has labels from the 2 previous management companies but not the current).

Started charging ok.
Got in the car and started power. Warning about cable connected.
Heating on.
Only clues to charging was the light on the charger and the voltage display showing -16 amps.

Not sure but having heating on for too long while charging on a 7kw charger can run your 12v battery low

Thanks.
Once I got the antique 16 amp charger to work. (has labels from the 2 previous management companies but not the current).

Started charging ok.
Got in the car and started power. Warning about cable connected.
Heating on.
Only clues to charging was the light on the charger and the voltage display showing -16 amps.
IIRC, as well as the warning, it won't let you put it in D or R when the cable is plugged in.

In the end I was only on the charger for 5 minutes.
Covid Vaccination centre jabbed mother-in-law in under10 minutes.
(They had suggested it would take 45 minutes and she was 15 minutes early).

IIRC, as well as the warning, it won't let you put it in D or R when the cable is plugged in.
That is a good safety feature but i personally could do with a warning light etc to tell me i've forgot to shut the MG flap over the charge socket .i have put my cable in the boot and driven away more than once

That is a good safety feature but i personally could do with a warning light etc to tell me i've forgot to shut the MG flap over the charge socket .i have put my cable in the boot and driven away more than once
Perhaps we could have clip on MG flag? Too much flag = flap open.

I still want the badge to light up when driving!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom