Hello and thank you

ZSchat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We picked up our new ZS EV (Trophy Long Range) three weeks ago and I already have a couple of observations/questions that I will post separately so as not to start a multi-layered thread. However, as an EV and forum newby, I wanted to acknowledge how informative and useful I am finding the forums and say thank you for the assistance that some of the discussions have already provided. Some of these were in quite old threads so I didn’t see much point in adding to those so please forgive a summary in my first post by way of introduction. I'll keep things short and specific in future.

Of particular note was the solution, posted by Jimborus in 2022, to the most infuriating issue of the satnav not changing as the car moved. I cannot believe this was still an issue a year on but the solution worked a treat.

The discussion about the sunroof had me worried as our car was only purchased this month but it does indeed have a sunroof. The dealer knew nothing so was surprised at my concern. However, he investigated and reckoned that the sunroof was dropped and deleted from the specifications from the end of 2022 but nobody told the factory so cars were still coming through with it fitted!

Another post helpfully pointed me to the “navigation manual” mentioned in the main manual but not listed in the manuals section on the MG website.

Finally, there was a thread about aerials. I was surprised to find an “old school” whip aerial on the car and it did indeed cause an issue with my overhead garage door but, as advised, a shorter version (£7.99 from Amazon) solved the problem and seems to have had no detrimental effect on radio reception.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom