Hello from Barcelona

Wekito

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello everyone. I'm Daniel and I live in Barcelona. I have bought an MG EHS Luxury which has not yet arrived. I am writing to you because reading online and especially in your forum, I am getting very, very scared. I am concerned that the car has as many problems as I see on the forum. When I saw the car I fell in love with it, its comfort, its finishes and how beautiful and practical it can be, but now I'm afraid. The purchase of this car is very important for the family economy and I don't want to make a mistake. Can you advise me? I do well to buy it or return it now that I can. Thank you very much and forgive my English.

Welcome to the club Daniel :)
I think you'll find the ownership experience is overwhelmingly positive but I'll allow the HS owners to comment on this directly.
Your English is perfectly fine by the way (y)

Hi Daniel,

I have had mine for 16 Months. I think it is a great car. It has been reliable, comfortable and economic to run (it is a PHEV). The issues raised on here are very much the minority. People do not tend to post on a forum just to say "my car is great, nothing went wrong!"

Don't worry, and enjoy the car, when it arrives.

My MG HS PHEV is in use now for about 10 months without any problem. I am enjoying it very much and hope that you will do too. Don't worry about the technics and you have the security of a 7 year warranty ! Relax and enjoy.

My MG HS PHEV is in use now for about 10 months without any problem. I am enjoying it very much and hope that you will do too. Don't worry about the technics and you have the security of a 7 year warranty ! Relax and enjoy.

I was reading up on the details of the 7 year warranty earlier and it is frightening the number of things which are excluded or have a much shorter cover.

So things like wheel bearings, clutches, all ball joints, track rod ends, struts, rubber components, paint, cosmetic trim, exhausts, seats, infotainment, driver aids, ev charger door are all excluded from the 7 year warranty! It doesn't leave an awful lot left on the EVs.

Thanks for your comments. I am very much looking forward to it. The offer that they have made me here in Barcelona is one year of free insurance and three years of maintenance. Final price €36,800 with red upholstery. then the government gives you €2,500 back for buying a hybrid car.

Hi
I had a test drive in the MG4 it’s a very good car as I would like to go full EV but I have decided to stay with my HS PHEV even if I could afford the Trophy I would still miss my sunroof, electric tail gate and the seat height. It has its quirks but it a great car.

Just back from a 2 week break. Completed 1070 miles, sis not use ACC left the car to sort out its power usage. Dashboard gives mpg as 38. I would have thought it should have done better.
As we were staying on 1 a farm and 2 at a 12c Pub we were unable to add an overnight charge.

We did a 1500+ miles tour of Scotland back in July and had an mpg of just over 40mpg also without charging. Was still running the car in at that stage so wasn't too heavy on acceleration and didn't go above the dual carriageway and motorway speed limits.

Hola Daniel….don’t worry. I own a one and live in Gozo, Malta. Since my purchase last year, I have driven only in electric mode on my island. My choice of this PHEV was that I had the best of both worlds. One, I could also have the range to drive over to Malta via ferry, do some fun things like let my lovely wife spend some money. I only needed the petrol engine to assist on the way back as we have some serious hills to deal with. Second, peace of mind that I had an engine to get me home. This is based on my belief that if I had of bought a Full EV I would never have confidence in the range. My personal research said that over the coming few years, the battery technology will allow for ranges of 500m or 600km (either or) in a car that is priced far lower than the likes of Tesla and Jaguar to name but a few today.

My HS Exclusive car cost me cost me 30,000€ as here in Malta we benefit from a 11,000€ rebate / grant on any electric vehicle purchased. The original price was 41,000€. If there had a been a car that hade a super range and 100% EV then I would have bought that, but there wasn’t.

As to “problems” I only had the camera module fail and the tyre pressure system. Both were fixed under warranty.

Economy in a vehicle is what it is. Price in relation to what you pay for. Buy a 85,000€ stacked Tesla with a 500m range and “Yes” you have an economical fuel use car and no paying for petrol but at what cost.

In conclusion you have a well-priced car that by all counts, excited you to the point that you bought one. At my time of life, I need not concern myself about the resale value which seems to be most relevant to those between 20 to 55years old. As you can see from this fantastic forum, the members love their cars and when you get yours you will become part of the family.

Thank you very much for your responses. The truth is that I am really looking forward to the MG EHS, especially to save money on gas. We need it to do about 40KM a day in EV and this car will meet our expectations. When I have it, I'll let you know how it goes. I also want to make videos in Spanish for YouTube explaining how this car drives. here in Spain there is very little information.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom