Hello, I have just this week picked up my new MG4 EV and am studying all about her!

Nananita

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have been trying to connect (bind) my Samsung mobile to my MG4 EV via the MG iSMART APP.
Despite listening to a few videos, I have not succeeded. I receive a message that there is no internet connection. I have checked the car and mobile date, and time are correct and accepted the Privacy statement. I read a suggestion to connect to my home WIFI; unfortunately, we live on 6th floor of an apartment building.
I also want to be able to give a voice command to call a person in my contacts.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Nananita.

Good home WiFi is the best bet & mine connected instantly. Go somewhere where there is good high speed 4G (or 5G if you have it) coverage & check this on your phone if you have that capability. Also it is best done at non peak times so there is lower latency.

Or go back to the dealership and use their WiFi.

20230430_164900.jpg

🙂👍

Good home WiFi is the best bet & mine connected instantly. Go somewhere where there is good high speed 4G (or 5G if you have it) coverage & check this on your phone if you have that capability. Also it is best done at non peak times so there is lower latency.

You should see the state of your 4G connection at the top right of your home screen. It will be a series of vertical bars with 4G above them. If you don't see this in an area with a good mobile signal, you may have to go to the dealership

In order to use voice command you will need to link your phone using bluetooth in the settings menu. Then press the top left steering wheel button. Tap the '?' to see the possible voice commands.

Welcome Nananita.
Mg4 EV Essence 64 2023 is if I'm not mistaken mostly like our Luxury/Trophy phase 2, probably runs on infotainment version R33 to R46 if it does not run on a asian spesific version.

Hello Grriff, it is MG4 EV Essence 64 2023

You should see the state of your 4G connection at the top right of your home screen. It will be a series of vertical bars with 4G above them. If you don't see this in an area with a good mobile signal, you may have to go to the dealership
Our home connection is Optus 5G and showing good connection, but it's probably not good 6 floors up from the garage. I'll check the strength next time I am in the garage, and will also go to my son's home and logging in to his network. Thank you!

Welcome Nananita.
Mg4 EV Essence 64 2023 is if I'm not mistaken mostly like our Luxury/Trophy phase 2, probably runs on infotainment version R33 to R46 if it does not run on a asian spesific version.
Thank you! Mmmm, that doesn't mean much to me I'm afraid.

Tha

Thank you, good suggestion!

Hi Nananita, I live in Brisbane and also have the Essence 64. I picked up my car about over a month ago. The salesman and I tried to bind the car in the sales room when I was picking it and had no success but I was able to do it when I get home. I don’t have particularly good 4G at home but it worked. Perhaps the phone and car need to be on the same mobile network. You might want to drive somewhere where the Optus network is quite strong (stronger than Telstra) and try again. I don’t believe my car was connected to my WiFi when it binded to my phone. My phone is on the Telstra network. Hope this helps.

Hi Nananita, I live in Brisbane and also have the Essence 64. I picked up my car about over a month ago. The salesman and I tried to bind the car in the sales room when I was picking it and had no success but I was able to do it when I get home. I don’t have particularly good 4G at home but it worked. Perhaps the phone and car need to be on the same mobile network. You might want to drive somewhere where the Optus network is quite strong (stronger than Telstra) and try again. I don’t believe my car was connected to my WiFi when it binded to my phone. My phone is on the Telstra network. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much Peter. I will try that, maybe I just need to try it outside the apartment carpark. By the way, how do you know what mobile network the car is on?

Very frustrated. I've followed all the protocols and suggestions but to no avail. I used my mobile hot spot as a wireless connection to the car. However, only get as far as holding phone to scan the QR code to bind car to mobile, via MG iSMART, but it doesn't connect.
I'm disappointed that the MG4 Essence does not provide for voice activation, via Bluetooth, to call a person in my contacts.
Thanks for everyone's efforts to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nananita
We're MG owners. We don't give up easily.
I can't help you much with iSmart as I did manage to connect it, with difficulty. I seem to remember that it's important to use the 'logging in' QR code and not the one which downloads the app and I think I confused the two.
Have you tried using Android Auto? You will need a high speed USB lead connected to the left hand socket. The plug should have an insert which is not white. The lead that came with phone should be suitable. Make sure the phone is connected with Bluetooth (Settings>Bluetooth) and follow the instructions.Hopefully this will allow you to make voice activated phone calls.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back