Hello one and all!!

Sparqx

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Everyone,

EV newbie here...3 weeks in to my ownership of a 69 plate MG ZS EV Exclusive.

Background is that we traded in a Mercedes E220CDI and a Mercedes 350e Plug in Hybrid and bought a MG ZS EV. Done 1,300+ miles in the short time we have had including a couple of long..ish trips.

Today we did a 210 mile round trip from East Hampshire to Northants and back. Left on a full charge and made it to Toddington Services (north bound) on the M1 with 61% battery left, Got a quick top up for free!! on the Ecotricity Rapid Charger and then went on to complete the first leg of the journey. 104.8 miles at an average of 42mph at 4.2 miles/kWh. Took it really easy...mostly in the slow lane and between 50 and 60mph on the motorway. On some stretches got up to 65mph but not for long. Used Eco mode and regen 3. Tried to avoid heavy breaking and quick acceleration and mostly used regen to slow down.

IMG_0250v2.jpg

2nd leg of the journey was into the face of Storm Dennis which was brutal! Stopped off at Toddington Services (south bound) for another top up for free!! on the Ecotricity Rapid Charger. Car handled like a dream despite the torrential rain and headwind most of the way.

IMG_0252v2.jpg

105 miles at an average of 42mph at 43.0 miles/kWh. Took it really easy...mostly in the slow lane and between 45 and 55mph on the motorway. On some stretches got up to 60mph but not for long. Used Eco mode and regen 3. Tried to avoid heavy breaking and quick acceleration again and mostly used regen to slow down. Weather certainly made a big difference to the economy but we got home with 41 miles of battery left so no worries at all.

If I work out what this cost me*** (I know that we wont always get a free charge)...
Initial charge before setting off - using my EV tariff from British Gas of 4.7p kWh between 12am and 5am, and assuming an initial full charge from 0 - 44.5kWh it would have cost me circa £2.10
Top up outbound - Free
Top up inbound - Free
Charge back to full when back home (1/3rd battery left) - circa £1.40
***I know this is not an exact science but this is some seriously frugal per mile running cost!!

Loving this journey into EV ownership and 'cleaner' driving.

Love to hear your thoughts on your journeys and experiences so far.

Excellent :) EVs are so economical. It helps with the MG ZS EV costing relatively little to purchase as well

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom